Chapter 2- A Crystal Encounter

(Warning: slight blood, very slight. Woo two chapters in one day, so happy and hope this will start getting reads, but I'm going to write this regardless! A Chan)

As I contemplate whether to trust him or not, he waves his hand in front of me, "Are you get up or just sit there like a brat!" he demanded. Without another thought I took his hand, he pulls me up so we stand almost eye to eye. I scan his face, stern stoic look, angled eyes, thin lips, dark raven hair, pale skin, and not much taller than me. I wipe my hands on my thighs and with a "tch" he hands me a handkerchief which I use to remove the rest of the dirt soon returning it to him. I look into his cold, grey eyes and state plainly, "I'm fine, I just saw something in the metal so I jumped down. Not as great a landing as I hoped." It was only a half lie, there was something I saw in that metal. His eyes follow my gaze to the pile of scrap and he moved to my left out of the way. I walk to the scrap metal and my (E/C) hues search for the crystal shine in the dull metallic luster I saw before. "Ahh!" I exclaim as the shimmer catches my eyes, I move away the excess metal and wrap my fingers delicately around the crystal. I wedge it free my hand skimming a piece of sharp iron. As I look at the crystal in my hand I notice a red glow in it's clear surface, blood slightly gushes from my freshly cut palm. I set the crystal in my backpack slinging it back over my back, and remove the thin fabric from my thigh that used to contain my dagger, wrapping it tightly around my palm carefully. I stand up and turn towards the alley exit only to find him standing in my way.

As I approached him he ask in an emotionless tone, "What do you need that crystal for?"

"For a job of course," I replied coldly, "I have to collect four more, and I'll get a hefty sum too. The thing is these last four are In the hands of some others, that really complicates things." I don't really know why I'm being so open with him, but for some reason he just seems to be trust worthy. Almost like he's already been through hell and what not, to astonishment and surprise he replied back with,

"I'll help you. I haven't done a job since I left the underground." My eyes widen at his statement.

"I've never seen anyone from up top down here, and I never would have thought in my wildest dreams of ever getting out of here!" I practically scream, and his eyes sharpen to a deathly glare alerting me to keep quiet. I say in a quieter but still excited tone, "I'll make ya a deal, you help me collect the rest of the crystals and I'll pay ya a third of the money." I extend my hand and smile widely, I've decided that I'll trust him as an ally, or maybe even a friend, whoever he is, "I'm (F/N)."

(Woo I finished another chapter. I think I will switch the point of view in the next chapter to give a different perspective. See ya soon, Luv Chu! A Chan)