Chapters 7 and 8

(Okay so the last part I posted was short and just a filler so I'm posting again today. I put these two chapters together because they are kind of a part 1 part 2 type thing. I also did it because I wanted to have a longer part for all of you lovelies! Bye everyone!)

Chapter 7- A Thug walks into a Bar

It took us a little time to get there and we raced across the roof tops towards the center of the town, for that is where Barpoint is. I jumped off the roof in front of the pub, earning a few stares from bystanders, Levi followed and was first to enter through the rickety door. Barpoint was fairly deserted with most of its occupants being drunk from last night's drinking events. George's wife stood behind the bar cleaning glasses, and George himself was on the stage talking in a low but upbeat and boisterous tone. Levi and I took a seat at a table near the center of the room, and were greeted by George's wife who waved at us before calling her husband towards our table. As she moved I saw the shining crystal we were after hanging around her neck, as a necklace of sorts, with what appeared to be aged leather rope. I nudged Levi's arm to be met with a slight glare at my touch, I shrugged off the glare before stating in a whisper, "The crystal's 'round Ruby's neck." He glanced towards her and nodded as George approached our table with loud stomps of his big feet.

As he stopped in front of our table he gave Levi a strong clasp on his back that could have knocked me over, but didn't faze Levi. I raised a questionable eyebrow as George began to say a voice too loud for my liking, "Hey Levi, long time no see. Thought you left for the up top! Whatcha doing down here."

"Nothing of your business. But, I would like some food if you would like to do your job," Levi said coldly in a monotone voice. George stared at Levi for a while and Levi stared back.

Before the silence became awkward I hit George with my menu turning his gaze towards me, "One mushroom gnocchi soup, and..." I said looking towards Levi.

"Two," he stated plainly, "I'll have a rematch with you after." George nodded before running off to the kitchen for our food.

"So, you plan to get it through arm wrestling," I said before standing up and heading towards George's wife. I walked up to the bar and ordered two honey teas, after receiving them I carefully walked back to the table and set one in front of Levi. "Hope you like tea." He gave a smug looking nod and picked his tea cup up by the rim taking a long swig of the steaming liquid. He holds his tea cup weird, but it's kinda cute, wait what am I thinking?! I blushed lightly and took a sip of my tea to hide my face from Levi's intense glare. Our food soon arrived and we ate our soups in silence. It had nice taste and helped with the slight headache I was still experiencing. We finished our food as George began to walk over.

Chapter 8- Arm Wrestling

Beckoning us to a different table, Levi and I followed George, while his wife took our plates and returned to behind the bar. George and Levi sat across from each other, rolling up their sleeves to reveal buff arms. I stood on the sidelines watching intently, Good Luck Levi.

"Ready," George began, "Set," my heart beat quickened, "GO!" Before George even had a chance to fight back, his hand was already pinned to the table. Levi smirked and let go of his hand, George scratched the back of his head and wore a look of disappointment. "You're as good as ever, I still don't stand a chance. Take whatcha want." I was surprised he was so open, when I beat him last season he only offered me a meal. Levi and George must have some kind of history. Interrupting my thoughts, Levi clutches my hand dragging towards the bar and George's wife. George's eyes widen as he, I imagine, thinks we're taking his wife. He goes to yell as Levi grabs the crystal around her neck, and forcefully pulls it off ripping the leathery rope that bounds it. He runs out of the pub, me stumbling behind him, and drags me into an alley a block or so away.

I tried to catch my breath as we stand in the alley silently, Levi was still clutching my hand squeezing it a little tighter with his every breath. At this realization my face suddenly turned a deep red, earning a few stares from Levi. "Why are you blushing brat, you're as bright as a damn tomato!" Levi exclaimed in a cold but somehow softer tone.

I quickly pulled my hand from his grasp, taking the crystal and putting in my bag hurriedly before I begin to say, "U-Umm n-no reason," I began stuttering waving my hands frantically, "We should get g-going if we're going to finish this job today!" I said, my blush beginning to fade as I run down the alley towards the ladder. Levi follows me his hands stuffed in his pockets and head held low. I turn around to face him, "You okay?" I ask hesitantly.

"Yeah lets go, the next people are a small business owners, a shoe service right." He replies coldly. I smile, I thought I upset him so it's good to know I didn't, I reply cheerfully, "Yep that's right! We're about 7 blocks from there so let's get to it." I climb the ladder to the rooftop, the breeze hitting my face. I hope this day never ends!