A Family At Last

Elliott
I watch as Gia is being walked down the aisle by my dad. Today she becomes my wife and the mother of Edward and Stephanie. It took her thinking about losing us to realize what we meant to her. That was six months ago. We chose the wedding date to commemorate he first marriage. At first I was resistant to it, but she explained why she chose the same date and she added our photos together as a family to her locket. Then she added them to all her other photos. We have albums for both at this point. Her loss will always hurt, but she gained so much more the day we met. She sold her home to a family who needed it more than she did. She moved in with us a month ago. We have a room for her memories of her husband and son and added our memories to it. Today she signs the final adoption papers. Mom is very happy to have her join our family.

Carrick
Gia asked me to walk her down the aisle to marry Elliott and I agreed to. I was happy to know she wanted to adopt the twins. We got the paperwork done in record time. Today the twins get a mother that loves them dearly and they love her just as much. Elliott and Gia work as a couple and they work in the construction and design as well. They do a lot of jobs together.

Gia
I am nervous about tripping in these heels and I finally just take them off and put an old pair on and walk down the aisle and they are much better. I finally say I do and kiss my new husband and a breeze blows my hair off my face and a small rainbow appears out of nowhere. I think I am imagining things, but everyone sees it and they got photos of it around us at the altar. Can't have a better sign of being given blessing from my husband and child that this is the right thing to do. Everything goes smoothly and we finalize my adoption of Stephanie and Edward as we sign our marriage license.

Grace
All three of my children are finally married and I have eight grandchildren now. I hope to have more soon. Mia and Aaron or Gia and Elliott are possibly going to give me some. The surprise I wasn't expecting was that Anastasia and Christian are adopting newborn girls who are being given up by a 13 year old girl. Her advocate contacted me about if I thought Anastasia and Christian would consider two more daughters. I told him that I would reach out to them for him, but couldn't guarantee it might happen. Their six children are in school and Anastasia works from home.

Christian
I watch as mom is talking to Anastasia and she is looking over my way and finally I know that I better go find out what my mom is trying to talk Anastasia into. Mom knows Anastasia has weaknesses and she knows that she can get her to talk me into things. Anastasia did an incredible job with our six children and they are doing great. I know that we had to have a lot of help with the boys at first due to Anastasia having had surgery. But once she was well, she was a ball of energy and she took control of who was around our children. Six children in school and the teachers can't distinguish between the quads or the twins. They just point to the troublemakers. I figured the girls would be fine, boy was I wrong. They caused more trouble than the quads. They finally settled down after they were punished diplomatically. You lose things until you prove you are following the rules. We definitely are kept busy, but that doesn't stop our private moments from happening.

Anastasia
Leave it to Grace to ask me if I would be willing to adopt twin girls that a 13 year old is giving up for adoption the day they are born. I look an see Christian watching us talking and he has this look on his face. He knows by the look on my face and Grace's face that she is trying to talk me into something. I see Christian walking our way and I know my answer and so does Grace. Now she is hoping to get the same from Christian.

Christian
Mom is soon talking us into meeting the girl who wants to give up her time twins. I ask mom how she got pregnant and mom says that she has no idea. The medical records aren't available to her and she hasn't even met the girl herself.

Three days later we are sitting in the office of caseworker James Sullivan and he is telling us about his client. He is interviewing us prior to introducing us to her. A few things have happened and mom doesn't know about this yet. She is in the hospital and on bed rest with the twins. She is being transferred to another hospital because of her condition.

Isobel Davis
I watch as the caseworker interviews the couple and I like them both. I was brought in to see them and hopefully meet them today. The caseworker has been trying to find someone that I will approve of. The others didn't make it this far. I know they have six children in school already and she can't have anymore children. He can, but he loves his wife so much and you can see it. They love each other and their children. I decide to allow them to adopt my girls. It won't be long until they are here with us and I want everything ready to sign them over to them. We finally meet face to face and I am glad that I agreed to let them adopt my daughters. I am laying in the hospital bed and they ask if I need to anything at all. Little did I know they took it upon themselves to set up a college fund for me along with assuring that I had clothing for my new school. I am being adopted by an older couple who knows what I need and have been through.