Chapter 11 'The return'

A/n: I know this isn't in the game but I thought it would be a fun addition! ⚠️⚠️Not my picture⚠️⚠️

~links pov~

"Link?" I heard a voice say. I turned around. It was 'y/n'. She was in her zora armor, it sparkled in the sunlight. Her eyes shown brightly, as her hair flowed in the wind gently. She looked like a goddess. She was beautiful. She walked towards me, "You've been gone for weeks!" She said.

"What? It felt like 3 hours." I said in denial.

"We thought you were dead!" She said, running to me and giving me a warm hug.

I stood there in disbelief.

She started sobbing. "I had..." She gasped. "...to keep everyone calm, I had to stay strong. I missed you so much. Sidon was worried, he wanted to come looking for you, but I said no because I knew you were alive! I knew it!" She breathed out.

"How...how many weeks?" I asked.

"4..." She said slowly. "But that doesn't matter now, your safe, come we have to tell everyone!"

As we were walking Zora gasped all around us, with soft mummers.

"He's back....That's link!... No it can't be, I thought he was dead...link?..." Was all I heard.

We got to the throne room and there stood king Dorpheon.

"Link? Is that really you?" He paused. "It is you!"

Sidon walked through an arch way.

"Link?" Sidon ran to me, and picked me up in a hug. "Your back!!"

"I saw mipha..." I said.

Sidon put me down. "What?" Y/n and Sidon said at the same time.

"You what?" Muzu said in the corner. "Did she ask about me, is she alright? Can we see her?"

"No, you can't see her...she's...busy..." I said.

Muzu went quiet.

We have been awaiting your return...The violent downpour has disappeared, as has the threat to Zora's Domain. It is all little more than a bad dream now. Thanks to your efforts, there is no longer any danger of a great flood laying waste to Hyrule! You appeased the Divine Beast Vah Ruta and thusly saved Zora's Domain! We are all truly grateful! What you did for us is more than we could have ever expected of you. Though why were you gone for so long?" King Dorpheon asked.

"I...I don't know..." I said quietly.

"Link... I must sincerely apologize for my harsh treatment of you. That whole time, you were thinking of Hyrule's and Lady Mipha's well-being, just like the rest of us. All of the members of our council humbly fold our fins back in gratitude, along with the rest of our people. Perhaps the older generation of Zora, myself included, misunderstood Hylians after all. It would seem so. That said, I would be over joyed if you could find it in your heart to forgive me. If not now, then perhaps one day." Muzu said.

"Link! I must reward your efforts! Now then! I implore you to collect the treasure inside that chest over there. It was cherished by Mipha. A memento of sorts. I would like to have it as a token of our friendship. Please take good care of it. By the way, Link. I see you are without your trusty blade... the sword that seals the darkness. Did you perhaps lose it when you lost your memory?" King Dorpheon said.

"What sword?" I asked.

"Hm. So you have forgotten that as well... That is a legendary blade that only you, the Hylian Champion, can wield. It is no doubt resting somewhere in Hyrule even now... waiting for its master to return. Link, all of the Zora thank you from the depths of our hearts for your heroic and selfless work!" He said. " ...And you too, Sidon. As your father, I am proud of you fighting the Divine Beast alongside Link. You have grown much recently. I know you will be a worthy heir when your time comes." King Dorpheon said to his son.

"Father... I ... Thank you!" Sidon said in disbelief.

"The heavy rains have stopped, and the Divine Beast is our ally once again! How glorious! Truly splendid! Wah ha ha ha!" King Dorpheon bellowed.

"Link! This is wonderful! Link! Thank you so much! Truly, I could never thank you enough! You helped save our home from vanishing away! This calls for a top-tier expression of gratitude! ZO! ZO! RA RA RA! With all my heart... Thank you!" Sidon said.

"Oh and don't worry you didn't miss much." Y/n winked at me.