Chapter 21 'Vah Naboris' (intro)

A/n: I know it's not Friday, but I had some extra time one my hands. So I decided to write. hope you enjoy!

You and link had traveled back to Gerudo town, having fought some yiga on the way, and letting the man from his cage. The last part of your elixir time was running out as you reached the town. "Just in time..." You thought aloud. Link went behind a wall out of sight from the guards to change. Once he was done you two went into the city.

~later~

You and link had got some much needed sleep, and some food. After cleaning up, and making sure you had enough rupees and supplies, link suggested that it was time to see the chief. You agreed, and headed there. Lady Riju, sat upon her throne.

"I've been waiting for you...and your girlfriend." You were about to object, but she stopped you. "Oh, you needn't say a word. As the chief of the Gerudo, I can sense the power of the heirloom flowing for you. I know that you've succeeded! I am, as you have no doubt noticed, still but a child. The people look at me with nothing but warmth in their eyes, but even this brings me some pain, I must admit... I've tried so hard to be worthy of their love, to be a worthy chief...and to prove to myself that I was worthy, too. When my family heirloom was stolen, I felt as though a shadow had fallen over me... Yes, your arrival in the midst of all of this must be the work of Lady Urbosa... Now, please give me the helm."

Link handed lady Riju the helmet.

"Come let's go to the roof..." Lady Riju said.

You and link followed her to a balcony looking over the city.

Lady Riju put on the helm and faced you. "Um. How do I look?"

"Amazing." You smiled brightly at her, and she smiled back.

Link told the chief of how naboris seemed to get worse at we went to get the thunder helm...

"...You don't say. The threat Divine Beast Vah Naboris poses has only grown since we began searching for the heirloom. I believe that Gerudo Town itself may be in danger before too long... As chief, and as a Gerudo, I must find some way to stop that thing before it threatens my people. Will you help me?" Lady Riju said.

"Yes, we will gladly join the fight." Link said, you nodded in agreement.

"Heheh, who would have thought that, just before such a momentous battle... hearing a simple, confident pledge of support from you would be what puts me at ease? I'll head out now. Let's meet up at the lookout post south of town. There's only one way to get close to Naboris, and that's with the help of a sand seal. The lookout post isn't too far from town, but you should take a sand seal there. I'll be waiting for you with my favorite sand seal, Patricia. Still... It really is a little big..." She said.

You nodded, hoping to see your seal again.

~later~

You picked some arrows up from local shops, as well as some attack up, and defense up elixirs.

You got to the post lady Riju told you about, and met her there. Your sand seal was there with her, link had the same brown one, and you saw Patricia. Lady riju's seal. You looked to the divine beast. Sand flew all around it, and the wind blew through your hair.

"What a sight. Divine Beast Vah Naboris is pretty intimidating... If we want to get close enough to that thing, we'll need to use sand seals... Are you ready?" Lady Riju said.

"Yes..." Link said, looking at the beast.

Link, quickly got on his sand seal, and you did the same.

"Feeling confident? Good. Let's get going, then!" Lady Riju said.

"First, we'll use the sand seals to get in really close to that thing. I'll take the lead. I'm counting on you to shoot at its feet with bomb arrows. Naboris draws energy from the ground to keep moving. If you damage the feet, I think you can stop it. Those lightning strikes, though... Getting hit even once could prove fatal. The Thunder Helm can repel the lightning strikes, protecting me from harm. But it can also shield a limited area around me... You'll have to stay close if you don't want to be shocked." She warned.

You and link nodded, and your sand seals jumped ready to get moving.

And listen... If you're too injured to keep fighting, promise me you'll retreat here, to the lookout post. Don't do anything reckless under any circumstances. Here are some Gerudo bomb arrows. There aren't many, so be sure to put them to good use." She said as she gave you 20 bomb arrows.

You thanked her.

"This is the last time I'll ask... Are you ready?" She asked.

"Ready!" You said.

"My name is Riju, descendant of the royal line and leader of the Gerudo people! With the power of the heirloom passed down in my family, I shall calm the Divine Beast Vah Naboris. Ancestors of the Gerudo! Answer my call! Aid me in this task! Oh, wow! I can feel their power coursing through me! Let's move! Lady Urbosa... Please grant Link, me, and y/n your protection..." She said as she started moving.

You and link followed after her, close enough to be in the circle but far enough to give eachother space. Link glanced at you, and smirked. You shot a grin back.

A/n: Thank you so much for reading! 😊 Picture by my sister(MicronPen200)