Chapter 22 'Vah Naboris' (Pt.1)

A/n: Not my picture! Hope you enjoy!

~links pov~

I looked ahead to the giant beast. All four of its legs were glowing a blueish purple, and were moving quite fast. Lady Riju said we had to hit these with bomb arrows without getting struck by lightning. So we did, we got close enough to the back left leg, got our bows ready and shot. I missed it, but y/n didn't.
She smirked at me.

"Lucky shot!" I said back. She mumbled a 'mhm' back.

Lady Riju gave us the look. "No time for fighting you two." She raised an eyebrow. I laughed it off. We got close to the back right leg and did the same. Only this time y/n was the one to miss. I puffed out my chest in pride. She only rolled her eyes. We did the same for the front two legs, though at the last one, right as I shot my arrow, I was hit by lightning. Mipha sprung out, and wooshed around me. I guess I would've died if that didn't happen.

"Fall back!" I heard lady Riju say. Y/n came running to me. "Did we get the last leg?" I asked weak. She nodded no, but got me back to where the camel couldn't get to us. "It's gonna be alright." Y/n said.

"I'm fine, really. Just give me a few minutes." I said reassuringly.

"Are you sure?" Lady Riju asked.

"I'm sure." I responded.

~later~

I woke up,and saw y/n leaning against a rock, eyes closed. 'Guess I had fallen asleep...' I thought. I walked to her and crouched down, I touched her cheek. "hey, you awake?" Her eyes fluttered open, and a small yawn escaped from her lips. 'mhm' she mumbled. She rubbed her eyes.

"Ready to head back?" Lady Riju said from behind me.

"Yes." I said.

Y/n looked at me concerned. I looked back at her. "I'll be fine."

She huffed. "Don't hurt yourself out there." She said, with a light tone.

I laughed. "I'll try not to."

We got back to where the beast was. Sand whipped around me. The last leg was still active. We got close to it, and I pulled out my bow. Aiming straight for it. I let the arrow loose, and it hit the leg. The camel roared, and started to fall down. Its legs buckled, and a ledge came down, low enough for me to get on it.

"Y/n I need you with me to help with the town." Lady Riju said.

Y/n looked at me. I nodded at her. 'be safe.' she mouthed to me. I winked at her, and hopped on the ledge.

~y/n pov~

You blushed when link winked at you. Both lady Riju and you backed up when the beast started to stand up. The sand storm was gone, but the beast was not appeased yet. Link's job was to do exactly that. Lady Riju signaled for you to follow her, so you did. When you made it back to Gerudo town you turned to look at the beast. 'last time link was gone for 4 weeks... Hopefully he won't be gone for that long this time.' you thought.

A/n: check out my new book! It's called 'Pure Blood'. You can find it on my page. Happy reading!
Picture by my sister(MicronPen200)