Chapter 1

The sun was shining and the sky was blue. Yet that was just a dream. A little girl in her mid teens; About 16, was taken from her family.

The frightened girls eyes finally started to ajust to the darkness of the very early morning sky. She soon noticed that she was surrounded by a small box. Thankfully the box was small enough to climb out of.

The girl had no idea where she was or where she'd come from. However, the only thing the terrified girl could remember was her name. Not her middle name; Not even her last. But only her first. Her name was Sonya. She had no memory of anything. Sonya didn't know how she got to where she was. She couldn't even remember her parents. All her memories had been wiped out.

As she stared at every corner of the box; Goosebumps crept up her forearm. Sonya attempted to climb her way out. She slowly placed her hands on the top of the metal box, but immediately pulled back. It was way to cold to handle. She soon noticed that she was wearing a long sleeve shirt. So Sonya pulled her sleeves over her palms and climbed out.

Suddenly the girl heard a branch snap from the abyss. She froze. Hoping that whatever was out there didn't know where she was. Soon another branch broke with a big bang that echoed throughout the forest. Then another. Each time was closer than the last. Until.....it stopped. Sonya didn't hear another sound. Gradually, the frozen girl started to move.
Thinking that her prayers had been answered. She thought everything was okay, but her fears had just yet begun.

The trees started to whisper their warnings. Fog blocked off Sonya's sight; Something crept up behind her. She didn't know that danger lurked near.

There it was again. Behind her. Another spiked branch broke and fell to the ground. She hesitated to turn around; But she ignored her instinct and did so. She felt like it was the biggest mistake of her life.

There it was. It stood right in front of Sonya. The ghost was tall dark and gloomy. Sensing danger, Sonya slid backwards. But the thing followed. On the other hand, the girl saw the ghost from a different perspective. Seemingly the creature could be harmless.

She than got on her knees and slowly crawled closer to it. The morning sun started to shine through the crooked, bent trees. Giving light; but not enough to see what this creature really was. Sonya's head was pounding as it told her to run.

The area was getting brighter. Assuming it was 5:40. The sun shined in Sonya's eyes, making the girl squint. But she could see just enough though her squinty eyes to observe the beast. The tall, dark and gloomy beast was no more than a beast; But just another.....