Chapter 12

*            *            *
"Good job today. You too Sonya." Harriet said. "You can all go an have a nice sle—" Harriet was cut off. "Harriet....." She turned to the door. "Rebecca, what's wrong?"
"Its the Joggers. There not back." Harriet looked at her watch. "Shoot." She whispered to herself.

She ran out of the door and went to the walls with Rebecca. Everyone in the Blood House prosesed the news and followed. Sonya was the last one out.

Once Sonya was out, she saw all the Shallower's huddled around the opening. Emma started to walk closer to maze to take a look "Emma!" Harriet started . "Stay away from the maze!" Harriet yelled as she ran. Emma backed away.

Harriet and Sonya pushed threw the crowd, and stood beside Emma. Harriet looked at Emma with a worried face. "What i'm fine.....Really." Emma then realised what was happening. "S-Sorry Harriet." Emma grabed Harriets hand like they were going to arm wrestle. Then She put her other hand on top. "Don't worry Harriet. I'm not going anywhere." They both smiled.

Sonya was eager to take a peak of what was out there too. So she started to go to the opening. Suddenly something yanked her on her wrist. She turned back and saw Harriet grasping her arm. "Where do you think you going." Sonya smiled. BANG.

Sonya jumped back, and fell to the ground. An instant pain from her tailbone appeared. "Sonya?" Emma yelled as she and Harriet ran towards her. "Are you ok?" Harriet asked as she helped Sonya up. "Yeah, i'm alright." BANG. The loud sound of the doors closing for the night. "There not back yet."  Void yelled. "Should someone go get them!" Sonya said as she tried to yell over the noise. "No. They ether make it back or they don't!" Bec yelled back.

But then a sudden shadow appeared from inside the Maze. Then groaning. "Look!" Someone screamed. "Its Ada!" She continued. Everybody squeezed in closer to see the Jogger named Ada limping with cuts and bruises all over her body. "Come on Ada!" Bec squealed.

Soon everyone else was cheering her on to run faster. "She's not going to make it." Harriet whispered. The doors kept coming closer together every second. "Someone's gotta get her out of there." Sonya said. Sonya was just about to run in but Harriet was still holding her. "Sonya? Please don't do this."
"If I don't, she will die. Die Harriet!"
"But if you do this, you could die" A moment passed. "Well then.....that's a risk I'm willing to make." Sonya said with a smile. Harriet let Sonya's hand go. "Be careful." Sonya nodded and ran in. "Sonya no!" Everyone said. "Harriet? We need to get her." Harriet face Emma. "No. she knows what she's doing." Harriet turned and watched Sonya slide past the small opening. She was on Ada's right. Ada was that tired she was leaning against the wall. "What the hell are you doing!" Ada yelled. "Saving your life."
"Get out of here newbi. You don't know what your doing."
"I'm not going anywhere." When Sonya finished her sentence she grabbed Ada by the arm and stared running as fast as she could go. Everyone was encouraging Sonya to go faster. The doors were nearly locked tight together. "SONYA!!!"