Chapter 2

human being. she was tall and skinny. Although, Sonya wasn't overly sure that this unfamiliar girl was that tall; Because she was still on her knees. Both girls just stared at each other for a while longer; Until the skinny girl reached her hand out and offered to help Sonya up.

A few minutes past and Sonya finally trusted the girl enough to help her get back on her feet. she held onto the girls hand tightly as she slowly stood up. It was hard for Sonya to keep her balance after that horrifying chase to the death.

Sonya then heard a deep voice. But it wasn't too deep. It was a girls voice. As she came out from the depths of the forest, she spoke again. "It's okay. You're safe with us."
"Don't be afraid of us." The skinny girl said.

The wind howled through the trees making a whooshing sound. Five more kids came out from the darkness and stood alongside the two others. As the kids came into the light, Sonya was able to see that they were all girls. She stared at each one. Observing what they all look like. All of them were dirty with mud all on their clothes. And their shoes. You really couldn't tell the difference between the ground and their shoes. Sonya had to double check if they even had feet. They all looked about the same age as she was. Pretty much all the same height. Who are these people. Sonya thought.

Everyone started to crowd around Sonya "Names Rebecca." The deeper voiced girl announced. "I'm Void." The skinny girl said.
"Jenifer."
"My name is Emma." Said one of the girls at the back said with an excited tone. They all told Sonya their names. One by one. Knowing it was her turn she said hoarsely "My name is S-S-Sonya." As she spoke her voice cracked with fear. "Sonya, welcome to the Shallows!" Rebecca said as she nodded. And everyone cheered. The only thought running through Sonya's head right then was.....where am I; Until her thought slipped out from her mouth. "Well this is our home. And it's yours too now, you know." Emma answered.

Emma held her hand out to shake Sonya's. Prepared but afraid, Sonya wobbled forward to do so. Emma had soft but rather strong and firm hands. "Pleased to meet you Sonya. I have a feelin' we'll be great friends." Emma let out a little giggle and had a small but still a warm and friendly grin on her face. So Sonya did the same.

Once again, thoughts were racing though Sonya's head. But she kept them to herself; And she made sure of it that time.
Thought's such as...
How did I get in that small box?
How did everyone else get here?
How could these girls possibly call this place their home?
Why are we here?
Who put us here?
Why can't I remember anything other than my first name?
So many things were rushing though the curious girls head; But nothing seemed to make sense.

Everyone started to swarm Sonya and pat her back, saying.....your the lucky one this month. What did they mean by that? Are they all out of their minds? Wait.....what if I am too?
There we go again; More thoughts that Sonya died to find an answer to. Sonya didn't feel so lucky. She wanted to be home home; Not this place. She wanted to be safe in her bed; Warm and cosy. Even though she couldn't remember her past, she still knew it was better than this place. Or was it? Before Sonya was stomped on, or drowned by all these girls. Emma stepped in, and ripped her out of there and yelled over all the noise. "Give her a bloody break girls! It's her first day! Give her some space! Your freaking her out." Emma didn't quite yell the last line. But said it with a lot of feeling. Sonya appreciated the help but.....Emma made her sound like a little imp; A baby even. Your freaking her out. Come on. Seriously. Sonya thought; But surprisingly, she didn't show any expression on her face to what she was feeling.