Chapter 10

Harriet then started to walk to the Blood House. "Put those shoes on and come with me. There's socks inside the shoes too."
"Thanks.....Ree."
"Don't call me Ree."
"You don't like being called Ree?"
"No I do not."
"Ok! ok calm down. Note to self.....call Harriet Ree."
"I said don't."
"What, I think its a great name."
"No it isn't."
"Alright i'll stop now."
"Thankyou." Sonya put the shoes and socks on and followed Harriet. "Ree."
"Oh would you stop that!"
"Fine.I will stop now. For ree this time."
"Ok, I saw what ya did there."
"Did you now?." Harriet rolled her eyes and kept walking.

Sonya started to skip and jump. She hopped past Harriet with a big smile on her face. "What now?" Harriet asked, "Oh nothing i'm just happy."
"Sure you are.....You'll be extra happy when your cutting chickens heads off today." Sonya stopped skipping.
"What if I don't want to cut their heads off?"
"Oh you'll be cutting. And plucking."

* * *
Soon Sonya and Harriet arrived at the Blood House. And out the front waiting was Beth. "Sup. I'm Beth."
"Um.....Sup Beth." Beth laughed but Sonya and Harriet only smiled. "Wha ya nam?"
"I'm sorry, could you repeat that please?"
"What's your name."
"Oh, it's Sonya."
"That's a nice name ya got there." Beth held her hand out. So Sonya shook it. "Now i'm sure you would have a few boys chasing after ya. Well you would if we had boys here." Beth gueshtered to the Shallows. "Uh thanks for the compliment," Beth nodded. "Beth here can be a bit, nosey." Harriet added "Well that's enough hello's, lets get to work."

After Beth did a little tour around the Blood House; They came to a table and Harriet gave Sonya an alive chook. "Cutting the head off is hard enough. You don't actually expect me to kill it!"
"Oh yes we do. By the way, why would you cut the head off the chook if it's already dead?" Harriet patted Sonya on the back and went to her own table next to her.
"So Beth, what do you do for a living?" Sonya asked. Beth started laughing but everyone else stopped and stared at Sonya. "You're funny."
"I know I am." Sonya said as she looked proud. "Is this girl for real?." Someone said from the back. "Sonya? You know your supposed to kill the chicken by cutting the head off, not the feet?" Beth said as she laughed. "Oh yeh, I knew that."
"Here let me help you." Beth swung her arm in the air and sliced the chooks head off clean.

The blood from the neck went everywhere. Even on Sonya's face. "Thanks." Sonya said as she wiped the blood from her eye. "You're welcome."