Chapter 16

*              *             *

(less than six weeks have past)

"So Sonya," Sue said. "Today's the day." She continued."Are you ready. I can always keep it on for a while longer."
"Oh just hurry up and do it already." Sonya said happily. So Sue got her blade from out her pocket and started cutting. Once it was off Sonya felt relieved. "All done. Go for a nice run, but, don't over do it. Still don't know if it's fully healed." Sonya giggled and hugged Sue quickly as she was full of energy and ran out off the shack. Sonya then started from one corner of the Shallows to the next then the next until she got to where she started.

After Sonya was finished with her lap around the place, she went to find Harriet. "Harriet, hey." Sonya said as she puffed. "Sonya! Your running."
"I know, it feels great." Sonya said with a big smile. "So, What's up?"
"Um.....oh I was just wondering if you know where Ada is?"
"Yeh I do, she went to the Fryer's shack for some breakfast." Harriet answered. "Thanks Harriet." Sonya said as she ran of.

Sonya arrived at the Fryer's shack. She look around. At the tables and at the back of the shack, but she couldn't see Ada. Sonya went to the Shallower at the counter of the small kitchen who was a Fryer. "Hey um," Sonya looked around then continued. "do you know where Ada is?" 
"She was just here a minute ago, but I saw her walk in the woods." The Fryer answered. "Ok thanks." She started to run to the woods to see if Ada was there. Sonya didn't want to push herself due to her leg injury but it felt so good to run again. She looked at where her feet were placed. Dodging every root and hole that she may trip on. Sonya finally arrived at the edge of the forest part. She stopped and took a deep breath, then walked in. She looked to the left. Then to the right. But she couldn't see Ada. Sonya walked further in the woods then came to all these logs with names carved in them. Sonya looked at every one. Lucy, Any, Jade......there were only six names. Just then, Sonya realised where she was. She was standing at the burial place of those six names crossed off the wall, and now Grace's. Up ahead Sonya saw Grace's grave. And there was Ada. Ada was on her knees, crying, as she placed flowers there. Then she saw Sonya. "oh Sonya." Ada said surprised as she stood up. "Sorry Ada. I didn't mean to,"
"It's ok." A moment passed in silence. "I'm gonna go get to training." Ada started to leave the woods and headed to the bass to train. Sonya stayed a little longer. She looked at Grace's grave. "I don't know who you were Grace, but you sure seemed special to Ada." Suddenly there was a loud cranking noise. like something was being pulled up. Then a burst of  a siren went off. Ada ran out of the woods so Sonya followed. When Sonya was out she saw all the Shallower's gathering around from where Sonya had come out into the shallows. "It's the box." Sonya stopped and whispered. "Someone new is here!" She then began to run to the crowd. She found Harriet and Emma so she stood beside then. They looked really excited. The box keep coming up and when the sirens stopped, rebecca and Harriet pulled the hatch open to reveal, a scared brunet.