Chapter 12: The Skills

Another day began in the institute, with the bell to symbolize breakfast. All the students (or almost) went to the cafeteria to get what they wanted for breakfast, or to the vending machines to get something to eat. As usual, Capsaicin had a tray full of food. He sat next to Stardust and Prune Juice.
Sd- good morning hot head...
Pj- good morning Caps... Aaaaaaaaaaah!!!! Was he supposed to sit right next to me?!
Prune Juice was containing the blush on her face from being seen with great skill. Caps looked around a bit confused.
Ca-... Excuse me, but have you seen Sherbet? It's not like him not to come to breakfast...
Sd- maybe it came first?
Pj - probable...
The worried boys began to eat, hoping for the best for their mate...

Prune Juice, Cream Puff, Milky Way and even Sherbet were all in the same for this day, they read it on the huge board near the cafeteria. Entering the classroom however, there was no shadow of the boy... Which was making everyone worry even more... A hubbub was formed in the class created by students who were talking to each other. Kouign-Amann stopped to think for a moment.
Ka-... Excuse me, what do we have now...?
Stardust took out his notebook and checked.
Sd- combat, with Professor Madeleine...
Ca- Kouign-Amann then has an advantage, she always sees him at the profe!
Capsaicin began to laugh, irritating Kouign-Amann.
Ka-... funny guy...
Sw- I'm not an expert on school yet, but... It's not... Strange that the professor hasn't arrived yet-
Cm- good morning guys!!!
Crimson Apple burst into the classroom, confusing everyone.
Pj-... What the caaaaaa-
Cm- language!!! ANYWAY, goodmo guys!
Co-... Excuse me, but what are you doing here?
Cm- I'm here because... Because... Because...
She didn't seem to remember either. She took a notebook and desperately searched what she had come to do, then another, and then another, with the result that she was making the students laugh, but she was laughing too, she knew they were joking and didn't want to insult her. After a while, he finally found what he was looking for.
Cm- OK! I found it! From now on you will do more subjects like physical education, combat, study of magic, alchemy and also I the principal will temporarily be your teacher because... Wait this is written too small, i can't read it.
This had already greatly stimulated the joy of many students, especially in Kouign-Amann and Capsaicin.
Cm- here! In a few weeks we will play games with another school, as prestigious as ours, in a super arena that we managed to rent for this event!!!
Ca- wooooh!!!!! Let's goooooooo!!!!
Ka- that's amaizing!!!
Pj- mh, I like the news...
Cm- it's very cool, I know!!! I'm super excited too!!!
Cp- we could meet lots of new students!!!
Mw-... But when is it though yes you know?
Cm- I can only tell you that it's in three weeks, nothing more...
Mw- what a beard!!!
Sd- Milky Way Cookie, calm down though...
Sw- Stardust is right... You should- we should be happy already for this time activity...
Milky Way sighed in annoyance. Crimson Apple chuckled and stood up.
Come on, get up, let's go to the new gym...
Now they were all confused; they all looked at each other for a moment, then nodded and followed Crimson Apple.

All the students stopped in front of the new - and huge - structure that was their school's beautiful garden.

Everyone was surprised, because that one wasn't there until yesterday, and it wasn't even under construction

Wha-... From... Where did this Crimson Apple VP appear from...?
Cm- magic
He giggled, then looked at the students smiling.
Cm- courage, here are the spoilers! Anyone who has to change to do gymnastics should do it now! If not, follow me in!
The boys then divided into two groups: those who had to change and those who were already fine as they were dressed. The boys who had to change went inside, and thanks to the signs inside they had already understood where everything was. Instead, those who had followed Crimson Apple arrived directly at the gym, and were even more surprised..

 Instead, those who had followed Crimson Apple arrived directly at the gym, and were even more surprised

They looked like two completely different structures, but they were the same... (from the photo it looks small, but it's huge in reality).
Ca- what the fuck?! It's... It's... It's beautiful!!!
Ka-... And giant, wow.
All the students were marveling at the new gym… They loved it… Until recently they had to do these classes in the school's event arena, which was now under renovation… They couldn't even train where there are they the paladins or the ones in the fight club, being rooms specially made for clubs, so… All the guys who had gone to change were already amazed, but they were even more amazed when they saw the gymnasium.
Sd-... Wow...
Sw-... I was expecting anything but this... Huge lawn... I like it-
Mw-fuck how nice!!! Now we have our own gym!!!
Cm- Milky Way Cookie!!! Moderate the terms!!!
???- don't worry vice president Crimson Apple! The girl is just excited... As we all are, hahaha!
That laughter was familiar to all students; it was Madeleine Cookie, their fighting professor. The cookie looked at his pupils with a toothy grin.
But- they've already told you everything, I hope about what's going to happen in a few weeks, because I certainly don't want to get lost in small talk! Also because we will have many lessons together from now on, expect it... Mr. Principal, I leave the word to you on the explanation of what skills are.
Tc- thank you Professor Madeleine...
The headmaster finally showed up, astounding all the boys; a lesson given by the principal himself is not an everyday thing, even if they were already aware of it… Teacup looked at all the boys, receiving a warm greeting from all. The cookie smiled happily, almost a little embarrassed...
Tc- come on... During these lessons don't treat me as if I were your principal please...
Everyone nodded rather embarrassed.

Tc- anyway... The skill is like a hidden ability unique to us cookies... Each cookie has its own skill, and it's one of a kind, no matter how you look at it... They are very useful for combat, they can buff you and your allies, heal you, or do A LOT of damage to the enemy...or many of them together. They are a very powerful form of force, so it takes concentration and willpower to awaken them... At least the first time.
He chuckled, then looked at Madeleine Cookie.
Tc- now... Madeleine, a demonstration please...
Madeleine nodded and walked over to a mannequin Teacup had just created for the test. Madeleine took up sword and shield, and looked at the smiling dummy.
Md- light, protect me!
Suddenly, he was enveloped in a blue aura, and he began to fire shots that appeared to be in mid-air, but were actually creating crescent-shaped beams that were hitting the dummy, and he was much, MUCH faster than usual in the 'attack. After a while, Madeleine's skill wore off and the blue aura disappeared. All the students started clapping, while Madeleine bowed proudly, embarrassing Teacup and Crimson Apple.
Md- this is my skill! It is a "long term" skill, ie it has an effect that lasts longer... A short term skill has a direct attack on the enemy. And yes, this only applies to attacking skills, at least as far as we know... There's a huge conversation about this to be made, but I'll leave it to someone else, I wouldn't be able to! Hehehe...
Cm - we know about it...
He chuckled, before looking at the students.
Cm- OK! now, now we're going to split you into two groups, one controlled by Madeleine and one controlled by yours truly! Try to use your skill! As soon as you succeed, go to the principal! Then you will see
He smiled. The two began to choose the students, however, noticing the lack of Sherbet...
Cm-... But where is Sherbet...? He has been sick...?
Tc- I was not told anything about it...
But-... Maybe he's still sleeping-
Sh-here I am!!! Sorry if I'm late!!!
Tc-...
Cm-...
Md-...