kiss the bride

HEATH -

She took my breath away the moment I saw her in the dressing room, wearing that wedding gown. The way she looked, the way she smelled, and her hazel eyes made me want to take her right there, but I didn't. Of course.

She wanted to keep boundaries between us, and I do agree with her, as it is better to stay away from her because once I've taken her, I won't be able to stop. She would become the weakness that my enemies have been trying to find for so long.

After leaving the dressing room, I bumped into Elio. "Everyone is ready and waiting for you at the altar," he said.

"Let's go," I nodded.

All the guests were seated, and I was standing at the altar, waiting for Blaque to arrive. It was past 10 minutes, and my patience was wearing thin. I hope that little Vixen didn't run away, because then I'll have to go and drag her ass here by myself.

I was about to go and find her by myself, and that's when the doors opened, and there she was, standing at the door wearing a long trail and a big white bouquet in one hand. Her father was beside her, holding the other hand and walking her down the aisle.
It looks like she finally knew that it was not smart to run away from me.

The music started to play, and she walked towards me. Her father handed her over to me and gave me a warning: "If I find that you hurt her, I'll rip your head off," and I nodded. Blaque's father, David Anderson, was not someone you should mess with. He is a man of his word and will not even blink an eye before shooting me if I hurt her daughter.

Blaque came and stood in front of me, her hands in mine and eyes locked on each other. She looked nervous but tried to hide it. I could feel her pulse quickening.
The priest started the ceremony, and we took our vows.

"Will you have Ms. Blaque Anderson as your wife and live together in a holy marriage? Will you love her, comfort her, honor her, and keep her in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?" The priest asked me.

"I do," I replied.

Then he turned towards Blaque and asked, "Will you have Mr. Heath Donato be your husband to live together in a holy marriage? Will you love him, comfort him, honor him, and keep him in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?"

She didn't say anything. No words. She was still looking into my eyes and was looking for possibilities to run away from this situation, but she knew that there were none.

I squeezed her hands to let her know that she was taking too long to answer and that everyone was waiting for her, but she didn't say anything. My gaze hardened.

The priest again asked her, "Will you have Mr. Heath Donato be your husband to live together in holy marriage? Will you love him, comfort him, honor him, and keep him in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?"

After a moment, when she realized that I would snap, she replied, "I do."

"In the sight of God and these witnesses, I now pronounce you husband and wife! You may now kiss the bride."

I slid my hands around her waist and brought her close to my chest. I tilted her head and saw the panic in her eyes. I placed my other hand on her jaw, and my finger brushed her lips, and I kissed my finger. It looked like we were kissing, but actually, we weren't. People started clapping. She was confused once we broke apart.
She thought I would kiss her just before she told me to set boundaries, but she was wrong. I might be desperate to taste those rosy lips, but not enough to do it after what she said. I won't kiss her until she begs.

After the ceremony was over, we went for our dance. I started the dance with my mother, and Blaque was dancing with her brother, Alvey.

"I am happy that you've married someone like Blaque; you both are perfect for each other," my mom smiled.

"How can you say that? We don't even know each other." I asked.

My mother smiled and said, "Sometimes you just know that he or she is the right person, and I know that you can also feel that she was the right choice because if not, you wouldn't have shown up at the wedding today." She was not wrong about that.

"She's a keeper, Heath; don't let her go and make her the happiest person in this world," she said.

I was astonished by my mother's adoration for Blaque. "You're asking too much from me," I said.

She didn't say anything, but the corners of her lips lifted.
We danced for a few more minutes and then switched partners with others. My mother started dancing with my father, Alvey was dancing with his wife Sofia, Gia was dancing with Harvey, and I was dancing with my wife.

Her arms were around my neck, and mine were around her waist, gently bringing her closer and removing the gap between us. Those hazel eyes looked into mine. Her breathing was shallow, and her lips were mere inches away from mine. It took everything in me to stop kissing her and claim her right here in front of everyone.

As if she could read my mind, she said, "Don't even think about it, husband."

"Your eyes are dilated and your breaths are shallow with increased heart rate, wife," I smirked.

"Quiet an observation, but don't misjudge my nervousness with lust," she gulped.

I tugged her closer to me; our chests were pressed up against each other, and I whispered in her ears, "I am truly capable of distinguishing between nervousness and lust, especially when it comes to you, little one."

She knew I wasn't wrong.