nightmares?

HEATH -

Currently, sitting in my home office, all I can think about is Blaque. She is the only thing running through my mind. The way she looks, the way she moaned at the food I cooked, the way she smells—it's fucking maddening.

It's currently past midnight, and my cue is to leave the office and sleep a little. Tomorrow is a long day for me.

The house was very quiet as I closed the office door; it had always been this quiet, but Blaque's presence was the loudest whisper in this quiet house, and I was used to it in just a few days. It's still unbelievable for me to adapt to someone so quickly.

I was making my way past Blaque's room towards my bedroom, and that's when I heard a whimper. It was more like a person struggling. My senses were automatically activated in fight mode. I slowly reached Blaque's door, and she was whimpering.

I thought of the worst possible scenario of her being kidnapped or something, and without a thought, I burst open her door.

To my surprise, no one was there in that room except her on the bed, which made me sigh with relief, but when I glanced at her properly, her hand fisted the sheets so tight that it looked like her life depended on it. She was struggling to breathe, and she was covered in sweat.

"No, please," she cried.

I didn't know what to do at that moment. I knew that she was having a nightmare, so I went and sat near her on the bed.

"Wake up, little one." I tried to cradle her in my arms.

I don't know what happened the moment I touched her. The next day, I was on the bed with her on top, squeezing my neck tightly.

This woman! Even during nightmares, she knows self-defense and how to protect herself. It is fucking amusing. I maneuvered her by flipping both of us.

"Relax, little one; nobody will hurt you," I said while pinning her hands above her head. She was panicked, but after hearing my voice, she relaxed and didn't struggle against my grip.

"Heath," she whispered faintly.

I released her hands, and she got up and hugged me.

I stilled because I had never hugged anyone, especially after a nightmare, so intimately. I leaned back on the headboard, and she slowly crawled into my lap and straddled me with her hands still around my neck. I wrapped one hand around her waist and another in her hair, caressing her.

I don't know what she dreamed of, but she is terrified. I didn't know how to comfort someone, nor have I ever shown care towards someone. The thought of me caring for her is dreadful. I can't let her be my weakness, let alone make her a target to get to me. Despite this, I didn't leave her because she needed me right now.

Questions were lying on the tip of my tongue, but I didn't ask anything. We lay there for god knows how long, but slowly her breaths got even, and she drifted to sleep. I think it is best if I leave, because if I stay for the night, then I'm screwed. I lowered Blaque on the bed and left her room.

What might have happened to her? Should I look into it? Definitely. Should I look at her past? But that would piss her off. Maybe I should ask her family if they might know something about it, and I know the exact person to call.

"Harvey," I said. He picked up my phone on the third ring.

"What brings you to call me this late? Is everything alright?" he asked.

"No, it's about Blaque," I said.

"Is it about her nightmares?" he asked.

I was right; he knew about them.

"Yes," I replied.

"I appreciate your concern, Heath, but it's not my place or story to tell," he said.

"What do you mean?"

"That eventually Blaque will tell you about it if she's comfortable. We haven't discussed it since the incident," he said.

Incident?

"I understand," I said.

"Also, one more thing," he said.

"I'm listening"

"She might never ask this, but she will need you during her nightmares because sometimes it gets worse and you'll find her hysterically screaming. I want you to be patient with her during those moments. There is nothing else I ask of you," he said.

His words were not empty; they were always meaningful, and right now, the thing he asked of me is the last thing I can be. Patient. How can I? When she's right there, being all innocent and witty making me hard every time she's around.

"Don't worry, I'll be with her." With that, I hung up.

My mind was racing back and forth between Blaque's nightmare and Harvey's words.

She might never ask this, but she will need you.

Sometimes it gets worse.

You'll find her hysterically screaming.

I want you to be patient with her.

With my thoughts, I reached my bedroom and went in to take a cold shower to clear my head.

After taking a shower, I called Elio to let him know that tomorrow morning I wouldn't be able to come to the warehouse, and then I went to sleep.

***

The sun came up through the window, seeping into the room. I got up and went to the kitchen to have some coffee. While passing towards the kitchen, I saw that Blaque's room was open and she was not in the room. Maybe she went to the bathroom. But I remember closing her door yesterday night.

I went out into the living room, but she was nowhere in sight. Maybe she went into the office early. I skipped the coffee because it wouldn't help, and I headed straight to the gym on the terrace. It is a private gym for me. I hate people staring and roaming around in the gym while I'm working out.

The gym was open. Someone was in there. I went inside the gym and saw Blaque running on the treadmill with her headphones on, lost in her thoughts.

She was wearing tight black leggings that hugged her curves perfectly and a white tank top that was almost transparent due to sweat, revealing a neon pink bra she wore, and her hair was slicked back into a ponytail. She looked like a fucking goddess. My control and patience were on the brink.

She sensed my eyes on her and looked up into the mirror, and our eyes connected. I was wearing nothing but gym shorts. I caught her checking me out in the mirror.

"Like what you see?" I smirked.

***

Hope you guys are enjoying my book. I'm grateful for God's grace and your love for my book. Sending everyone a big warm hug and lots of positive regards. 

xoxo,
Vaidehi