our house.

HEATH -

They say lust can drive a man crazy, and I am on the brink of madness.

"We both know that you also wanted the same thing," she said.

Why wouldn't I, when she is right on top of me with her hazel eyes locked on mine? I wanted to do more than just a kiss and tear off those tight leggings hugging her hips and legs, but I knew better. This is not permanent, and I need to be in control.

She is everything that makes me lose control, and that was a sign of weakness. She can't be my weakness, not when it's something I have tried to hide from everyone. If I am not careful, she might turn me into something I am not ready to be.

Her full lips and her smart mouth are all I want to savor right now. But I know how quickly this can accelerate, as I can see her eyes dilating. I need to back off.

I released my hold on her waist and said, "The dinner is in the kitchen; go and eat."

She was taken aback by my withdrawal. I stood up straight on the couch with her. Her expression was frozen and confused. She was disappointed, as we were no longer touching each other. I knew that because I was feeling the same thing.

She stood up and started scrambling towards her room.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

She stopped in her tracks and said, "In my room."

"I said that dinner is in the kitchen, not your room," I said firmly.

She looked back and said, "I lost my appetite."

"Eat some food," I ordered. I am not letting her sleep hungry.
But since when do I care for people? I never cared for anyone, so why do I care for her when she is not even permanent in my life? I was so messed up. I needed to clear my mind before I lost it.

She closed her eyes and sighed, "I am not eating; I am not hungry."

"I am not going to repeat, little one. Eat some food, or I'll make you," I said tightly.

She was on the edge, and I could see it in her eyes. I could sense the tiredness and the anger spiraling, but she needed to eat, and I was not letting her sleep without eating, even if it meant that I had to forcefully feed her.

"Why should I have to listen to you every single time? Who are you to tell me what to do and what not to do?" She was agitated.

"Your husband," I said.

"Only for one year, and that does not give you the right to order me around. And you can't order me around, even if this marriage was for a lifetime. This is so irritating, and you are so irritating that I can't even stand it," she snapped.

"I saw your irritation while you were on top of me just a few moments ago, little one," I smirked.

She closed her eyes, took a deep breath to calm herself down, then looked at me and disappeared into her room. I knew that this wouldn't end well, but I was still persistent in making her eat food, as she was skinny enough to not eat and starve herself.

I had made lasagna for both of us. I previously called her assistant to ask about her schedule for today, so I knew that she didn't have any dinner. I usually don't cook and ask my chef to make something for me, but sometimes I cook if I am free.

I go into the kitchen to take some food and carry it to Blaque's room.

As I reached her bedroom door, there was a male voice coming out of her bedroom beside her, and I saw red. She better not break the agreement she just made with me.

"Let's make a plan to get back at him," the other person said.

I banged the door open in one go.

"HOLY SHIT," the other person said.

I saw that Blaque was on a video call with someone whom I recognized from our wedding. The camera was facing the door, which I just banged open, and he saw it. I don't remember his name, but he was annoying the first time I met him. I remember him taking Blaque from me for a dance at the wedding.

"I'll call you Bree," Blaque said, and he hung up the phone.

Bree—yes, his name is Bree. He was Blaque's friend, which was the most irritating thing. How could he be the person she goes to while I'm right there?

Blaque was annoyed. She narrowed her gaze at me.

"The house might be yours, but this room is mine," she hissed.

"Ours"

"Huh?" she frowned.

"This is our house," I corrected her.

"I don't feel that, and also, if you are entering someone's bedroom, have the courtesy to knock first," she chided.

"You are not someone; you are my wife," I growled.

She exhaled and said, "What do you want, Heath? I am very tired, and I want to sleep."
I could see the tiredness in her eyes, and I knew she needed to sleep.

"You have two options before I let you sleep," I said, leaving no room for discussion.

She didn't respond, so I continued, "Either you eat by yourself or I'll make you."

I put the plate on her bed for her to make a choice.

She huffed and picked up the plate. I settled myself in the chair in front of the bed and made myself comfortable.

"What are you doing?" Her eyes narrowed.

"Sitting"

"I can see that you asshole, but why are you sitting in my room?" her eyes narrowed.

"Make sure you keep your smart mouth in check while disrespecting me; otherwise, you'll regret it, and I am sitting here until you finish that plate," I warned her.

"Stop being difficult," she whined.

"It wouldn't have been difficult if you had had food previously," I said.

She didn't respond and picked up the plate. She moaned on her first bite, and it was music to my ears.
"Who made this? It is so good," she moaned again.

"I made it," I replied.

"You can cook?" She was taken aback.

"Yes," I replied dryly.

I pulled out my phone and checked my emails and messages.

A few minutes passed, and I was still on my phone. Blaque cleared her throat, and I looked up. She had finished the food.

"Next time, eat the first time I ask you to, because I won't give you the option to eat yourself," I said, leaving her room and making my way toward my office.

***

Guys 1k reads !! Thank you all the readers for reading this book and everyone supporting my work. I couldn't be more grateful. I promise to give in my best efforts to keep you guys hooked and entertained. Love you all.

xoxo,
Vaidehi.