agreement?

BLAQUE -

A year? What is this about?

"This agreement between us," he said casually.

agreement? What is he talking about?

"What agreement?" I furrowed.

He raised his brows and said, "The one that your father signed before this marriage."

I am still not getting this agreement thing. What is he saying, and what does he mean? Heath sensed my lack of knowledge about this agreement and started saying, "Oh, I see that your father didn't mention anything about this."

"No, I am not aware of anything you're saying," I admitted. If there was something my father would have mentioned but he didn't, all I know is that I married Heath to merge and extend the families, so it will be easy and convenient for Alvey to take over.

"Your father and I signed an agreement before the marriage that stated that we would be married for just one year, as it is sufficient time for Alvey to settle in your father's position," he said.

"What will happen after one year?" My eyes widened.

"We will have a divorce, and then you can go your way, and I'll go mine," he simply said.

"Why did my father sign this contract with you and drag me into it?" I was horrified and sick to my stomach. I never thought my father would do this to me in a million years. But what if Heath is lying to me? What if he forced my father to sign this contract? But why would he do this? What is he gaining from this?

"You should ask him," he suggested.

"Why did you sign this agreement? What are you gaining from this?" I asked because there was no way he would sign this contract without gaining anything.

"Let's leave that to me now, shall we?" he said while shutting his laptop.

"Wait." I panicked and stopped him as he started going up to his room.

I got up, but my legs were too weak to carry me. My head was spinning with the information that I just received. My face was white as a sheet. I didn't know why I stopped him.

Heath crossed the table, strode towards me, and started getting closer. His scent hit my nostrils, and now he was towering over me. We were close. Close enough to touch. Close enough to kiss. His green eyes were boring into mine. My instincts kicked in, and I tried to back off, but I forgot that there was a sofa behind me. My leg tripped, I grabbed Heath by his neck, and his hand automatically came around my waist. I fell backward on the sofa, taking Heath over me.

My back was against the soft cushions, and Heath was half on top of me. For a moment, we froze, our eyes locked. All I could feel was his warmth and his green eyes roaming all over my face. Those green eyes.

The world seemed to slow down as our faces were mere inches apart. My heart was racing, and my cheeks were flushed. I could feel his breath on my cheeks; all I wanted at that moment was to kiss him. I never wanted to kiss someone so badly.

Hearing my thoughts, Heath started to lean in, and I closed my eyes. I knew that kissing him was a bad idea, right? But at that moment, I couldn't care less.

I felt his breath near my ear, and he whispered, "What do you want, little one?"

"What do you mean?" I opened my eyes.

He looked into my eyes and grinned. "You asked me to wait. What did you want?"

Oh. My. God. This is so embarrassing.

I was losing it. A fiery rage burned in my eyes. I pushed at his chest, but he didn't budge; instead, he locked both his hands around my waist and flipped us, making me land on the top of his naked chest. We were closer than before, and our noses were touching.

He was still grinning, and I wanted to slap it off his face.

I gritted my teeth and said, "Stop manhandling me."

"You didn't answer my question," he said, amusement radiating from his face.

I know that it was not about me stopping him; he wants me to admit that I wanted to kiss him, but I won't.

"Say it; I know you want it," he persisted. Cocky bastard.

He wanted it as much as I wanted it. His green eyes were dilated, and lust was radiating from them. His grip on my waist was tight, making it impossible for me to get up.

There was an unsaid battle going on between us for resistance. He wasn't going to let go unless I answered him. But little did he know that I was not going to give up.

I leaned in and whispered in his ears, "I was going to say goodnight."

"Now here, I thought you would have the balls to say the truth," he said, clearly disappointed.

I smirked and replied, "It's the truth; what did you think I wanted?"

"We both know what you wanted," he stated.

"We both know that you also wanted the same thing," I retorted.