Chapter 5

{POV Third Person}

Once off the plane, Ranboo went to collect their luggage with Evelyn. They had begun talking about how they would get home, and Ranboo asked Evelyn to watch for their luggage while they made a phone call. Ranboo pulled out their phone and began calling Rue while Evelyn pulled off her luggage.

"Hello?" a male voice said, causing Ranboo to freeze. They panicked and shoved the phone at Evelyn, pleading that she could ask for Rue.

Confused, Evelyn took the phone and began talking.

"Hello?" she began.

"Hi, do you need something?" Evelyn recognized the voice immediately and looked at Mark, who looked panicked. At this point, she didn't have time to yell at Mark for not telling her that they were indeed Ranboo; she just continued to speak.

"Hi, I'm looking for Rue. Who is this?" she spoke in a calm voice.

"I'm Tom, Rue's roommate. She's in the shower right now. I can tell her you called if you want," Tommy continued.

"Yes, please. Can you tell her to call as soon as she can?" Evelyn said.

"Yeah, sure... Oh wait, she just got out of the shower. I'll pass her the phone..." Tommy said, his voice fading into the background.

"Oh, thank you!" Evelyn took the small timeframe and turned to Mark – well, Ranboo.

"You're Ranboo?!" she whispered, covering the phone.

"Uhhhhh.... No?" they said, noticing their luggage on the belt.

"Hello?" Rue said on the other side of the call.

"Yes, hello. Is this Rue?" Evelyn asked.

"Yes, who is this, and why are you calling from... uh, Randal's phone?" Evelyn could hear the uncertainty in her voice when she said the name.

From what Mark had told her on the flight, Tommy didn't know that they were talking, and by the tone in her voice, Evelyn could tell Tommy was still in the room.

"Okay, so hi, I'm Evelyn. I was on the plane with Mar – I mean, Randal – and they heard Tom's voice and passed me the phone. They're just collecting their luggage, and I'm assuming you're supposed to pick them up from the airport," she said.

"Ah, well, I'll leave now. I'll be there in 25 minutes. Just tell them to wait. Do you need a lift too?" Rue asked.

"No, thanks. I'm getting an Uber back to my apartment. And plus, doesn't Ran live in Brighton? Why are they in Nottingham?" Evelyn questioned, the realization finally setting in that this wasn't Brighton at all.

"Well, I'm taking them to my apartment. Toby, Tom's friend, also lives in Brighton, so he's going to take the train with Ran and make sure that their jet lag doesn't cause them to get kidnapped," Rue chuckled.

"Well, in that case, how far do you live from the Kitty Cafe?"

"Not that far, but I'll have to drop you off after. The train will leave at like 10 am," Rue added.

"That's fine, thanks," Evelyn smiled.

And with that, the two girls said their goodbyes, and Evelyn handed the phone back to Ranboo, who was standing beside her. They looked at her before looking away, embarrassed.

"Sorry for not telling you," Ranboo said.

"It's fine, I understand," Evelyn gave them a smile.

"Rue said she would also drop me home, so that's nice," Ranboo looked surprised but just smiled, and the two made their way out of the airport to wait for Rue.