Episode 4: Aftermath

Y/N POV:

The police arrived and luckily that stab wound was not that bad on my stomach. They did stitches on them and I was questioned by the police. Afterwards my parents arrived and we hugged. I then see Riley hugging Noah. After I was questioned by the police one last time me and my parents went home. The next morning, I was listening to Piper's podcast.

Piper: Honestly, guys, this one is a tough one to talk about. I mean, I've covered some terrible things, but last night, I felt it. The hunt for Tyler O'Neill nearly ended in tragedy when another Lakewood teen nearly lost his life trying to defend his friend. And the press will be hyping the curse of Brandon James and looking for someone to blame, but I've met these kids. What they been through is impossible to describe. So, I'm not gonna try. People are wondering who is doing this-

I turned off the podcast and got ready for school when a knock was on the front door. I went downstairs and my parents answered it and we saw Sheriff Hudson.

Sheriff Hudson: Sorry to disturb you but-

"If you're going to question me about last night. Save your breath. I answered your questions the best I could."

Sheriff Hudson: It's not that. It's your grandpa.

I was confused.

Sheriff Hudson: Your grandpa escaped prison last night.

Mom: What?

Dad: How?

Sheriff Hudson: Apparently, he knocked out a guard and stole his clothes and walked out of the prison.

"And none of you noticed him?!"

Sheriff Hudson: We're doing the best we can. But I wanted to let you know so you can keep a look out for him.'

Dad: We will. Thank you.

He left and I decided to attend the announcement Sheriff Hudson going to make.

Meanwhile...

3rd POV:

Billy Loomis knocked a person out and dragged him into an alleyway to steal his clothes to change out of the police uniform. He then went into a library to use a computer to find Y/N's address. He found it and wrote down on a piece of paper. He got up and left the library and decided to find a perfect time to go get Y/N.

Y/N POV:

I arrived at the meeting with Emma, Audrey, Noah, Riley, Brooke and the others as Brooke dad came up to the stage.

Mayor Maddox: Good morning, my friends. I know that we are still reeling over the events of the past few days. And the loss to our community is something that we will be feeling for years to come. Sheriff Hudson?

Sheriff Hudson then took the stand.

Sheriff Hudson: I know there are a lot of, uh, rumors floating around. And I'm here to tell you what we know. Last night, it appears Tyler O'Neill attacked Riley Marra and Y/N L/N outside the sheriff's station and then fled the scene. Y/N nearly died protecting his friend. Now, security footage shows that their assailant was wearing the same mask as the person who killed Nina Patterson. And that mask was found in the wreckage of Tyler's car. Our ME is running forensic tests to confirm that the body found inside that car is in fact that of Tyler O'Neill's. But I am confident we've got our man. It's over.

He then walks off as Audrey gets up angrily. I get up and I see Riley approaching me and she hugs me.

Riley: Thank you. I did not know what would have happened if you didn't show up.