Episode 9: The Dance

Y/N POV:

It was Halloween and before I could start my day I decided to listen to Piper's podcast.

Piper: Hey guys. It's Piper Shaw, with a special Halloween podcast of Autopsy of a Crime. So, in looking for a connection between the Lakewood murders past and present, I had to wonder about Brandon's mask. Turns out, it disappeared from county evidence last year, but was never reported. If I were Sheriff Hudson, I'd be looking into the chief suspects' whereabouts around the time the mask went missing. But even then, what's Seth Branson's, or rather Seth Palmer's, connection to Brandon James? Why become the monster behind the mask?

I put my earbuds away as Brooke arrived at my house. Since her dad is in jail, she will be staying with us for a while. I then led her to the guest room.

"Here is where you'll be staying. Luckily my parents are always out so you don't have to worry about them barging in on you. If you want the password, it is 123ABC."

Brooke: Secure.

"Quiet. Is your pain still there?"

Brooke: A little.

"Alright, let's see."

I sit down next to her as she takes off her bandage and we see the stitches.

"Welcome to the club."

Brooke: Hmm. Goodbye, arm modeling.

"You can pull it off some ladies have stitches on their lip and they still look beautiful and they have nothing on you."

Brooke: Thanks.

"Of course. Why did you go back to Brandson?"

Brooke: Because I... Felt like I had no one else.

"You had me and your friends."

I was about to walk out when I stopped.

"By the way if I saw Brandson hurting you, he will be dead."

I walked out and closed the door and walk into the bathroom and see my grandpa.

Billy: Don't celebrate to early, Y/N. Brandson might not be the killer. Trust no one.

I blink and he is gone. I went into my closet and saw my Cyborg costume. I closed it and I went to Brooke's home and picked up her Porsche. I got in it and drove it to my home and parked it. I got out and walked up to Brooke's room and saw her on her computer.

"I picked up your Porshe for you."

I then see an outfit.

"Is that your outfit?"

I picked it up. I noticed her face and I knew something was wrong.

"What's wrong?"

Brooke: We have a pervert who was watching me undress on my webcam.

"I beg your pardon? Are you sure?"

Brooke: Yeah, the light just turned on all by itself. Was it you?

"Are you kidding me? Look at me. Do I look like the type of person to stalk people?"

Brooke: No. Then someone else is watching me. And considering Seth is behind bars, I'm pretty sure it wasn't him.

"That is true. Why do you keep on defending him anyways?"

Brooke: Because everyone is making him out to be some sort of monster.

"To be honest I don't know what to believe at this point. The only person I could trust this was my grandpa who is now dead."

I sit on the bed as Brooke looks at me.