Episode 18: Village of the Damned

Noah is doing a broadcast on the 100th year anniversary of the Lakewood Winter Carnival. Y/N was listening to it.

Noah: Happy Centennial birthday, Lakewood. It's that time again... time for Lakewood's annual carnival. What could be more twisted? Look, there's no denying Lakewood is opening the beaches with a man-eating shark in the waters, but it's what the people want. We've done it since we were kids. When it comes to murder, traditions die hard. So, start the cotton candy spinning, set the Tilt-A-Whirl at full tilt. The show must go on. The Lady of the Lake must be crowned. Who can fault Lakewood for needing a little folksy distraction from its harsh, blood-stained reality?

Soon after Y/N arrived at the school and was with Noah, Audrey, Riley, Zoe, and Gustavo.

Noah: Is anyone else having a hard time focusing on physics right now?

Riley: Yeah...

Y/N: All right, let's break the ice.

Zoe: Do you think Ms. Lang really just fell? Or was she pushed?

Gustavo: Doesn't fit the killer's profile. Leaving the teacher at the bottom of the stairs where she landed... This guy's too talented for that. There's no staging, no big reveal, like... Actually, no need to speculate. You were both there. Right, Audrey and Y/N?

Y/N: Yeah.

The PA goes off.

Mayor Maddox: Hello, students. This is Mayor Maddox. Many of your parents have called with concerns about the impending Lakewood Days Carnival. Your safety is our primary concern, but what we will not do...

The school bell rings, and everyone gets up.

Mayor Maddox: Is miss this town's 100th birthday. We have too much pride and a rich history of overcoming adversity.

Y/N and the other walk out.

Audrey: Or being killed.

Noah: Hey, when he's right, he's right.

Mayor Maddox: So, join me in this celebration of courage and life, not fear. See you at the fairgrounds.

Noah: Eager to move on, a wounded and misguided town concocts a flimsy excuse to celebrate, which, in turn, instigates yet another round of bloodshed. I mean, hasn't anybody seen My Bloody Valentine or The Prowler?

Audrey: Uh, I have not seen The Prowler.

Noah: Doesn't end well. For anybody.

Gustavo: This whole "hundred years of perfect Lakewood" is some real BS.

Brooke comes in.

Brooke: Is it?

Brooke kisses Y/N's cheek.

Brooke: Why don't we give positivity a try, hm?

Y/N: That sounds like a campaign slogan.

Brooke: Yeah, well, it beats the crappy alternative. I have to do a speech tonight, so everybody gets in the mood and come.

Audrey: You know you have plenty of reasons to bow out.

Brooke: I would, but my dad is in high gear politically. He had a fire at one of his real estate properties last night, so he needs me to...

Gustavo: Join him in this celebration of courage and life?

Brooke: He needs me to smile and wave. Don't make me go through this fiasco alone.

Y/N: We got your back, love.

She rests her head on Y/N's shoulder. After a while, Audrey was on her bed when she got a notification. She looks and it was a video Emma and Y/N sleeping, it then shows a knife. She gets a call.