Kidnapping Hank

An 8am start is not something Peter would say that he was excited about. He never slept much so an early start was something he dreaded. He dragged his suitcase out of the mansion - too tired to use his mutation - and across the gravel to the van they were taking.

He was about to call dibs on the front seat however when he saw that his dad (Erik) was driving he hastily got into the back seat.

"Morning all." Charles grinned cheerfully as he rolled himself down the gravel driveway.

"Morning Charles." Erik grunted.

"Did someone not have their coffee?" Charles smirked.

"It's not kicked in yet." Erik responded.

Raven walked over and asked "who's going where?"

"I'll go anywhere." Kurt smiled.

The others looked grateful that he was so accommodating and willing to do whatever it took to ensure everyone was happy.

"I'm driving." Erik stated.

"So that means Charles is also in the front, got it." Raven smirked slightly, expecting her brother to blush.

Charles smiled at his sister "that sounds good, Peter you don't mind going in the back with Raven and Kurt do you?"

Peter shook his head and grinned at Charles. As Raven and Kurt got into the car, Erik stood by Charles as he transferred himself out of his wheelchair and into the car seat. After putting Charles' wheelchair in the boot, he got in the car and fastened his seatbelt.

"Has everyone got their seatbelts on?" Charles asked.

"Yes mom." Raven joked.

Charles rolled his eyes and instead turned his attention towards the map that lay in front of him.

"Is everyone ready?" Erik asked stiffly.

"Yes." Peter stated.

"Ja." Kurt responded.

"I'm ready." Charles smiled.

"Let's get this show on the road." Raven grinned.

Erik turned on the engine before driving the car out of the ridiculously large driveway that led up to the school.

Peter snapped on his headphones and began to listen to his music, Kurt pulled out a book and began to read, Raven stared out the window and observed the passing surroundings and Charles and Erik murmured to each other quietly.

About an hour into their drive a voice asked "who's there?"

Kurt jumped and held onto Peter with a vice-like grip. Raven looked behind her and stared at the back row of seats before she  gasped "Hank, what the bloody hell are you doing back there?"

"I was conducting an experiment and I fell asleep. Where are we going. This is kidnapping, I didn't sign up for this." Hank babbled.

"Too late, I'm not turning back." Erik grumbled.

Charles smiled "don't worry Hank it'll be fun, we're going on a roadtrip to California."

Hank mumbled something incoherent however from what they could make out it was something along the lines of being kidnapped by arseholes.

"I think it's unfair that Hank gets a whole row of seats to himself while there are 3 of us squished together." Peter moaned.

"None is coming in the Hank Hideaway." Hank stated firmly.

"The Hank Hideaway..." Raven repeated slowly.

"That's a shit name." Erik announced.

Charles whacked Erik on the arm in a friendly manner "Language Erik."

Erik rolled his eyes "it's English Charles."

Peter was staring at their interaction with amusement, he knew that they were best friends however he didn't think they really acted like it, they were definitely closer than what some may consider normal for best friends however after everything that they had been through together he supposed that they weren't the normal kind of friends.