Morning conversations

Peter crept back into the hotel room he was sharing with Charles and his Dad at around 11pm. He knew that he had an unfortunately early start again the next day so he didn't want to be exhausted.

Walking over to his bed, he passed Charles and Erik and looked surprised at the sight of them curled up together in a tight embrace.

"I never would have expected Erik to be so affectionate." Peter thought as he slid into bed.

The boy stared at his dad and smiled slightly before rolling over and falling asleep.

Peter was gently shaken awake by Erik at 7am. "Peter, time to get up." He whispered gruffly.

Grumbling, Peter got up and rolled out of bed. He glanced over and saw that Charles was still asleep so he decided to do something nice for his dad. He used his super speed to prepare him a cup of coffee.

"Here." Peter stated, holding out the cup.

Erik's eyes softened and his lips tugged upwards into a small smile. He sat down at the little table and gestured for Peter to do the same. Nervously, Peter slipped into the chair next to Erik.

"I owe you an apology Peter," Erik stated stiffly "I am sorry for making you feel like you weren't wanted last night."

"It's alright." Peter waved off the apology as if it were nothing.

"I would like to explain myself, I acted the way I did because I'm not used to relaxing in front of people." Erik responded earnestly.

"Except for Charles?" Peter smirked slightly.

Erik nodded, "yes, except for Charles. You went to great lengths to try and organise this trip to get to know me and I apologize that I haven't been the most supportive of that idea."

Peter grinned at his dad, "it's alright Erik."

"If you still want to get to know each other, I'd be more than willing." Erik said, a small smile on his face.

Erik was trying to ignore the niggling thought in the back of his head that was telling him that he would only cause Peter pain.

"I'd love that Erik." Peter smiled before he lent over and gave the man a small hug.

Erik was shocked and didn't know how to respond to the hug so he just awkwardly patted Peter's back which made the boy laugh. When they broke apart, Erik checked his watch. On seeing that it was 7:30am, he stood up.

"I'm going to wake Charles." He announced at Peter's slight look of confusion.

Peter nodded and Erik walked over to Charles. Erik brushed the strand of hair out of his husband's face before pressing a gentle kiss to his forehead.

"Charles, it's time to wake up." He whispered softly.

Charles, who had always been a relatively light sleeper, blinked before rubbing his bleary eyes.

"Good morning." Charles smiled cheerfully.

"Morning handsome." Erik smiled.

"Hey Charles," Peter grinned "Is it alright if I get in the shower?"

"Sure." Charles responded.

Peter gave him a gesture of thanks before grabbing his clothes and jumping in the shower.

"You seem happy this morning." Charles commented.

Erik had crawled back into bed and was laying next to Charles, on hand draped around his shoulders.

"Peter and I had a talk." Erik responded.

"What did you discuss?" Charles asked lightly.

"I apologised for my actions and I asked if he still wanted to get to know me." Erik stated.

Charles said nothing, waiting for Erik to continue.

"He hugged me Charles." Erik exclaimed quietly.

Charles smiled fondly at the overjoyed expression on his Erik's face.

"I told you he was fond of you." He chuckled.

Erik's good-natured glare at Charles made the telepath laugh gently before pressing a kiss to his husband's lips.

When Peter walked back into the room and saw his dad and Charles kissing, he squeaked and ran back into the bathroom. At least that was what he tried to do. Unfortunately for him, the bathroom door had swung closed behind him on his way out so he ended up running into the door instead of the room.

"Ow my head." Peter groaned.

Erik was trying to hide the look of mirth on his face while Charles carefully lifted himself into his wheelchair and rolled over to Peter. He gently tapped the boy on the shoulder and Peter turned around to face him.

"Where does it hurt?" Charles asked.

Peter gestured towards where the large bruise was forming in the middle of his forehead. Charles gently ran his finger over it before asking "what's your name?"

"Peter Maximoff."

"Do you know where you are?" Charles asked.

"In a hotel room with you and Erik." Peter responded, very confused.

"What are the mutations of everyone in our roadtrip group?"

"I have super speed, you Charles are a telepath, D-Erik can control magnetic fields, Kurt can teleport, Raven can change her appearance at will and Hank turns into a beast." Peter responded.

Charles nodded once before wheeling himself into the bathroom. He came back a moment later holding a wet flannel.

"Put this in your forehead, it's cold so it should help to keep the swelling down." Charles instructed.

Peter nodded before taking the flannel from Charles and pressing it against his forehead.

"What were the questions for?" Peter asked.

"He was making sure you didn't have a concussion." Erik stated.

Peter stared at Charles before he joked "thanks mom."

Charles rolled his eyes fondly before jokingly responding "no worries son."