Go fish

Peter and Kurt appeared in a room that had descended into chaos. The four adults were sat around the small table and were having a very heated discussion, each of them holding a certain number of playing cards in their hands.

"I hate you!" Hank shouted.

"Stick to the rules." Charles stated, exasperated.

"Spoken like a sore loser." Erik smirked.

"You say that like you haven't been cheating the whole night, you always deal so you get the best cards." Charles shot back.

"YOU ALL SUCK." Raven screamed.

"You just don't have enough talent to be on my level." Erik smirked.

The group of adults continued to bicker like spiteful children. Peter and Kurt stared at them until Peter had had enough "Children please, behave like civilised adults otherwise I'll have to show you the consequences of your actions."

Kurt snorted with laughter as the 'adults' turned around to face them.

"I can't tell who that sounded more like, Charles or Erik." Raven whispered.

"Why were you arguing?" Kurt asked.

"Scratch that, what game were you all playing?" Peter asked.

"Go fish." Hank supplied, causing Peter to choke with laughter.

"What's that?" Kurt whispered.

"It's a card game that many children play. You are dealed a certain number of cards then you have to take it in turns to ask someone if they have a particular card. The aim is to get a set of 4 cards with the same numbers. Whoever gets the most sets wins." Peter explained softly.

"Erik is cheating." Charles announced.

"No I'm not, you are." Erik glared.

"You are arguing over who is winning go fish?" Peter asked slowly, a wide smirk on his face.

"You should have seen his reaction when he found out that in one round, I had been using my telepathy to see who had what cards." Charles smirked.

He pointed to the nightstand where the metal wires of the digital clock had been ripped out and twisted to make the word 'Cheater'.

Erik crossed his arms stubbornly "it was a reasonable thing to do, you're just jealous that the only way you could have won was through cheating."

"Please shut up, we aren't children making up the rules as we please." Hank groaned.

"No you're not children." Peter agreed with false innocence, "You are four adults... playing go fish."

Erik glared at Peter.

"I think you should stop playing before it turns into a giant argument." Kurt suggested.

"I agree handsome, you guys should stop playing. We don't want to have to deal with a couples argument." Peter nodded before letting out a sigh.

"Handsome?" Hank asked.

Kurt blushed happily when Peter wrapped his arm around Kurt's shoulders and kissed his cheek. At the sight of them, Charles realised that Peter was doing the exact same thing Erik did when they were in public but he wanted to show his affectionate side.

"Like father like son." He thought, chuckling.

"Congratulations." Raven smiled.

Her words were echoed by the rest of the people in the room causing the new couple to smile in thanks.

Erik and Charles were mumbling to each other, evidently trying to finish their discussion from earlier.

"Cheater." Erik mumbled.

"Says you." Charles responded.

Although the others could not hear what they were saying, they knew that this could either last forever or only a few more seconds.

"You are incorrigible Schatz." Erik groaned, glaring at his husband.

"It's funny watching you get so irritated over something so small." Charles chuckled.

Erik rolled his eyes and glared at Charles. His husband grabbed his hand and placed a kiss to his knuckles. When Erik looked at him, Charles gave him a mock bow and a wink.

"You're a moron." Erik whispered.

He was still trying to be annoyed at his husband however he could never stay mad at him for long. Erik reached over and brushed a strand of Charles' hair out of his eye making his husband smile.

"But I'm your moron." Charles smirked.

Erik chuckled "come Liebling let's get you to bed, I want you in perfect condition for tomorrow." Erik stated.

Charles obliged and rolled over to their bed. After letting Erik help him get into the bed, he waited for his husband to join him before resting his head against Erik's chest.

"Good night everyone." Charles called.

Charles had made a shield to allow him and Erik to have a bit more privacy meaning Erik could fully relax. Erik wrapped his arms around his husband and held him close to his chest as they both drifted off into a peaceful night's sleep.