ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˢⁱˣᵗᵉᵉⁿ: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐓𝐮𝐥𝐤𝐮𝐧.

A Sister's + Sorrow
.

Ariel was next to Neteyam, who was sharpening his knife to cut some vegetables from the house's food, Ariel was untying leaves with some food inside, the two stayed together for a few hours, not caring about anything

The redhead decided to put the finished meals on the extended table, Ariel looked away to the shelves when Tuk reached her, but she wasn't so happy.

Ariel bent down to face her "What's up Tuk? Did something happen?" Tuk rubbed his arms before speaking.

"I don't know, but I think I made Flounder upset." She stated sadly and looked at the necklace.

"Why? What made him mad at you?" Ariel asked putting her hand on the girl's braids reassuringly.

"He and I went swimming with Illus here in front of the house and I started to fight as a joke, I told him that when we grow up he's going to be my partner, then he kept quiet and left, did he get mad?" Tuk whimpered in embarrassment, Ariel laughed softly placing her hands gently on the little girl's face.

"Tuk don't worry about it, Flounder is shy, it always happens when others say something that embarrasses him, he just can't argue and leaves, but that will pass, besides, he also likes you a lot" Ariel revealed giving to Tuk an amused smile.

"He even told me that when he grows up, he will protect you" Ariel finished explaining, Tuk nodded, his joy returned to his face.

"Ok! Thank you so much Ariel, I'll go find him to apologize, maybe I went too far" She said laughing before running out of the capsule, Ariel sighed before looking at Neteyam, he was already looking at her.

"You're really good with kids, you know that?" Neteyam stated, Ariel shrugged as she walked over to sit next to him.

"At my house, many mermaid children are very cute and playful, I always had fun with them and taught them to swim with their tail" Ariel explained to the biggest one and sighed dreamily "The children are so cute"

Neteyam put the knife to the side from behind before putting his arm around Ariel, the redhead laid her head on his shoulder "In your kind, how many women can have children?"

Ariel looked at Neteyam with a red face before seriously calming down, he was sad how many children can mermaids have?

"Most of them up to 15 babies, all born on the same day" Neteyam looked at Ariel with wide eyes, Ariel laughed at Neteyam's reaction.

"15??! can many babies be born at the same time?? I've never seen that in my life" Neteyam placed his hand on his forehead, completely at a loss for what to say.

"As far as I know, na'vi babies are born normal sized, whereas in my mermaid species, babies are born very small, the size of the palm of your hand" Ariel took Neteyam's hand.