Homecoming

You know how anxious you get when you are looking forward to that school trip or awaiting good news? That's how I have been all week, but it was worse last night hence I woke up at the crack of dawn today.

I couldn't find a good side to sleep on last night, the pillows were too flat, and the noise outside my small window got louder as I tried to sleep. The truth was, none of those were the reason I couldn't sleep, I was anxious and couldn't wait for sunrise.

Last night was the longest night I have experienced all my life, and that says a lot for someone who's seen the worst life had offer. I kept thinking of seeing him again after eleven months, two weeks and four days.

I have been counting down the days.

This morning I jumped into the shower to wash away any body odours, I even used my coconut shampoo to wash my hair. Anyone who knew me, knows I only use coconut shampoo for special occasions, and today was very special.

I took more minutes in the shower than I have in the past eleven months, I'm sure the entire house will be complaining of lack of hot water later today. After showering, getting rid of any unwanted hair on my body and making sure I smell good, I went to my closet.

Opening my small closet I came in contact with my brand new dress, I bought this new number three weeks ago. As soon as Alex's mother asked me to help her plan this homecoming party, I took some of my savings to buy a dress.

This was the most expensive clothing in my entire closet, but I really couldn't complain for the dent it left in my wallet. Since the party was to start late in the evening I packed my dress and shoes to take with me and wore leggings and tank top.

It was sure to rain later today, so I also packed a small blazer jacket. I thought of packing makeup, but then I remembered Melissa's words from last night.

"Please don't be late tomorrow Izzy, we will need enough time to do our nails and makeup."

When I believed to have packed everything that I would need for tonight and tomorrow morning, I cleaned up the mess in my room. I took my phone off the charger and left the house after leaving a message for my mother.

~~~~~~~~~❤️~~~~~~~~~~

One of the many helpers opened the door for me when I arrived at Melissa's house. For someone who's been to this mansion more than hundred times, today I definitely felt out of place.

The foyer was decorated so beautiful and classy. Looking at the chandelier made it clear that Melissa wasn't kidding when she said she wants the house to be spotless. People dressed in black and white were going up and down doing one thing or another.

When I couldn't see Melissa or April, I walked towards the kitchen and saw how everyone was walking around like headless chicken. They looked like they could appreciate some help so I decided to lend my hand to caterers.

I helped then chop vegetables, and marinade what needed marinating. I was in the middle of helping them locate herbs and spices Maria bought yesterday with April and I.

"What are you doing here? Mum's been waiting for you upstairs." April took hold of my hand and pulled me out of the warm kitchen.

"Slow down, I can't keep up with your long legs." I whined at April who didn't pay me any attention.

April was a very tall, beautiful woman with one dimple on her left cheek and flawless skin. I have been jealous of her features for years, my 5,1 ft was nothing compared to her. Her features were the veery reason every agent and managing company wanted her to themselves, but she preferred being a freelance model.