Just Memories

It's the little things that make the biggest impacts in our lives, those small gestures become our favourite memories. Memories and our past follow us no matter how far we can run.

For the past month my life has done a 360 degrees turn, I lost Alex to someone else and I got fired from work. I believe Mrs Ellen was waiting for me to mess up so she had a reason to fire me. After Alex's visit I kept messing up customers' orders, and by closing time she called me to her office to let me know that she can't work with me no more.

It came as a shock because I was one of her oldest employee, but she didn't even consider that. When I asked why she was firing me, she said her restaurant is not a spot to harsh out my private life. Just like that I became jobless!
Being jobless meant I could go out with my friend anytime, after a month of not seeing each other, we are going to spend the day together.

"What do you mean you are here already ?" I screamed into the phone running down the stairs to meet her outside.

"My poor ears," she said before ending the call.

I took my house keys and side bag, April was taking me to breakfast, I hadn't seen her since Alex arrived due to me avoiding her and her busy schedule. "Hey, I missed you."

"Serves you right, you were avoiding me like plague," she retorted.

"I wanted to be okay before I saw you or anyone," I told her keeping myself with a seatbelt.

For the next minutes we drove in silence, I know it was selfish of me to ignore her just because I was hurt. It wasn't her fault that her brother is a douchebag.

"I was mad at you until your mum told me you were also avoiding her, for a moment I thought you ignored me because I'm his sister." April said after a while.

I looked over at her and regretted making her doubt me. During that time all I wanted was to heal my wounds on my own, it wasn't my intention to hurt her in the process. "I could never do that, I can't put his sins on your head babe."

"Good, because I would have hunted you down if I had to." She said with a serious tone.

When we arrived at our destination, a pastry shop that served the most delicious croissants I have ever tasted we ordered and sat down. The weather wasn't too bad seeing as it's winter, besides the low temperatures, the sky was clear with no clouds.

"You said you have a surprise for me." I said sipping my coffee while A drank tea.

I was never a big fan of tea, especially the ones April indulges in; green tea. She doesn't drink coffee as much as I do, when she does it's bitter and black.

"First we eat, then I will tell you what's the surprise." She smirked knowing that my love for food surpasses everything.

As though April said the magic word, our server brought our breakfast and my mouth salivated. If I didn't know better I would say today was A's cheat day, while I ordered their special breakfast that consisted of pancakes with bacon and eggs, April ordered a full English breakfast.

For someone her size I often wondered what she did in her past life to have such a great metabolism. While everything I ate went to my hips, April stayed skinny and I envied her for it.

"This is heavenly," she moaned after taking a second bite of her food.

"Were they starving you in Tokyo?" April was in Tokyo these past week doing a photoshoot and promoting a new hotel.

"No, I enjoyed their food, but there's truly nothing like home cooked food." She replied.

         ~~~~~~~~~~💞~~~~~~~~~~