Before

I have been on edge the entire weekend, didn't know how I would act if Jake came to the restaurant and especially in our next class. I was disappointed when he didn't come to talk to me the restaurant the entire time. I knew by the grapevine that he had been around early Saturday morning to help prepare for one of his biggest client's meeting brunch.

By the time I arrived for my shift at 12PM there was no sign of him, only the remnant impression he left on the waitresses. Lisa has a crush on Jake, maybe even loves the man, I discovered this on my second day of working here. In fact it wasn't just Lisa, most women in these establishment worshipped the ground he walked on.

Beth was one of the few women who didn't pay much attention to her boss, her feelings for him only made an appearance when she talked about his food. I'm not sure if Jake was aware that I know this is his family business, it wasn't that hard to figure out. I got lost the first day of work while trying to locate the staff's locker room and came across a room that happened to be his dad's office.

While inspecting the big office I saw a picture of Jake and his family, they all looked so put together and loving. I later figured out when that the office belonged to the restaurant's owner when one of my colleagues found me in there.

"Why are you snooping the boss's office?" Had said a voice behind me and I nearly dropped the frame in my hands.

When I turned around to see who had caught me I came across one of the cooks, Christian. He was a very handsome man, probably three years older than me. "I got lost and couldn't take my eyes away from the beautiful office." I told him the truth.

"This is Mr Adams's office, a no go area for all the staff except his children." Christian answered my unsaid question, and pulled me out of the office then closed the door.

As he walked me to the staff's locker room or what I would describe as a fancy lounge room, he told me about office politics. When the Adams opened the restaurant, who was responsible for what and so on. By the time I went home, I felt like I knew the entire Adams's history except for Jacob Adams.

This proofed to be the truth when he didn't try to make contact the entire weekend, a part of me was glad he didn't while another was disappointed. As I prepared for my day on Monday morning, I wondered if that woman would make an appearance to me.

Chef Jake didn't usually go to the culinary school during the week except on Fridays. He worked in his restaurant during the week and only came here on Fridays, it was rare of him to make an appearance during the week.  For the next days I attended my classes without hiccup, no sign of Jacob or the woman who caught us.

Sophie was currently spying on my every move, and reporting to the big boss April Reigns since she couldn't jump on a plane back to England. The two were bonding over my current dilemma over Jake, instead of telling me off when I told them about the kiss, they gaped at me and smiled so big one would swear I said the man asked me to marry him.

That's when I concluded that I was surrounded by crazy women who long lost their marbles. Each day April texted Soph for current updates and huffed when she got non. She even tried faking a fever so she could get back home, but her agent didn't buy any of it after catching her laughing out loud on my news. That was win for me, because I only had to deal with Soph.

       ~~~~~~~~~~😬😬~~~~~~~~~~

Friday morning I woke earlier than I had done all week, made my bed in speed record and made breakfast for Soph and I before taking a warm shower. Having packed my bag the previous night, I had lots of time to freak out about seeing Jake again.

As I sat down on the breakfast bar, I let my mind run with me, I couldn't understand any of the emotions I was going through. I felt like a sixteen year old teenager, with a crush she can't decide whether to approach him or not. What I did know is how fast those feelings one felt for a new boy at school disappeared.