Daisy

I didn't know what I was thinking when I told Jake I needed a part time job, actually no, I knew what I was thinking. I needed a distraction and he came through for me. As promised chef Jake talked to "his friend" and got me a job.

On Saturday morning I had received a call from an unknown number telling me I was hired. For a moment I couldn't comprehend what the lady on the other end of the call was saying, it was way too early to be receiving calls. As she explained what she was talking about, I was out of bed and showering.

I don't think I had ever showered so fast in my life, as in less than ten minutes I was showered and looking like a responsible human being. Sophia was still sleeping, so I sent her a text as I sat in the tube taking me on the other side of town.

La Mia Margherita was a four star restaurant with an expensive menu that I could only afford if I sold a kidney or two. Okay, that was an exaggeration, but I couldn't afford anything in this place. Their hot beverages cost about £10 to £15 don't get me started on their wines!

The restaurant was located in Notting Hill, surrounded by markets selling antiques and vintage fashion, other high end restaurants, pubs and boutiques. Notting hill was known for its bright buildings and the streets were always filled with tourists shopping and exploring.

The weather was warm and the sun shining that Saturday morning, Winter was gone and what was left of it was the chilly weather that still lingered behind. As I made way around the beautiful buildings I wrecked my brain for any information the lady on the phone call had given me.

I was half asleep when I took her call and couldn't remember much about what she had said, and I prompted me to call her back and ask for the directions yet again. Before dialing the number she had called me with, I casted my eyes at the different restaurants and cafés around me, then just as I was about to give up I saw the familiar name she had whispered in my half asleep ears.

La Mia Margherita (My daisy)

As I walked towards the doors, a lady walking past the doors saw me, and walked towards the doors then opened the door slightly before asking; "Hi, are you by any chance Amara?"

I looked at her bewildered, wondering if she was a seer to know my name. I must have stood there not replying before she clarified to my still foggy brain. "Miss Jane told me to expect a young woman to appear at my door around 10 o'clock?" She said with a small laugh and I sobered up.

"I'm sorry, yes I'm Amara. I must still be half asleep." I said and felt my ears heating up, embarrassed by my idiocy.

The woman whose tag names was written Cathy let me in before closing the door, and walked towards the host stand with me behind her. She was wearing black dress pants, white shirt and black short blazer, her brown hair neatly put in bun. Cathy dialed a few numbers of the phone by her stand and spoke softly in the receiver.

"Beth will be with you in a moment, you can sit while you wait." She pointed at the many tables a few feet from her.

           ~~~~~~~~~~🌼~~~~~~~~~~

Instead of doing as Cathy suggested, I looked around the enormous space in front of me. There were many gold tables lined up with beautiful turquoise blue and nude armchairs. The high ceilings were filled with beautiful gold and lights, what took my breath was the big windows that allowed natural light to shine through. I could only imagine how beautiful the view must have been during the night.

I was still taking in the interior when a voice called out behind me; "Miss Scott, I'm so glad you could come at such short notice. I am Beth." The elegant lady said stretching her hand for a handshake.