Who is she?

Jake' POV

I should have turned the other way when I saw Amara and Sophia, but my feet wouldn't cooperate with my mind. It was like they had a mind of its own, one moment I was convinced I should pretend like I didn't see them, then the next I saw myself standing behind her.

Since finding out about the students betting on me during the cook out, I found myself drawn to her. It caught me of guard that she believed in me yet she didn't know me, when I heard the conversation between students that she was adamant about betting on me, I was intrigued to see who was the ringleader of this gambling match.

Don't get me wrong, I was flattered that Amara's money was on me from the very beginning of the competition, but I was also annoyed that students could do such a thing. From that day after talking to her, I felt a strange connection towards her and this annoyed me to no end.

I wasn't expecting to see her until our class later this week, seeing here at the shopping centre messed up my day. Seeing her once a week was enough, it gave me a chance to stay away from her. I forgot that she had a life outside of school, meaning I might bump into her every now and again.

Worse, my lil sister saw part of our interaction tonight. Right now she was busying herself with her phone while I drove us back to my house, but I know better. She was not going to let such an opportunity pass her by, she was wicked and enjoyed putting me on the spot.

Amara's reaction when I told her she forgot sour gummy bears was priceless, I could tell that she was seething inside even though she smiled and took everything I threw at her. Her demeanor was still a mystery to me, but if I was good at something besides cooking, it was reading people.

I knew I should stay away from me, I mean she was just a child, but I loved fixing mysteries and Amara looked like a mystery. One thing I knew so far was the smell of her jet black hair, it smelt like coconut.

"What's going on in that big head of yours?" Jemma asked me putting her phone away.

I ignored her and concentrated on parking the car in the garage. We have reached home and her twenty one questions have began. I killed the ignition and got out of the car to take the million shopping bags.

When my sister told me on Saturday that she was coming to London for a few two weeks, I offered she stayed with me instead of booking a hotel. It meant restocking the fridge and cabinets so we have food in the house, I usually eat at my restaurant where I spent most of my time.

Jemma and I took all the bags from the car boot and took the elevator to my floor. While the steel car took us upstairs, I could see my sister's reflection in the mirror, still waiting for an answer. I needed to eat before I could listen to her rantings.

When the elevator reached my floor we got out and I unlocked the front door. I have lived in this apartment for the last three years and it was still taking my breath. When these apartments were opened to the public for renting and purchasing, I knew I had to get one. Not only are they beautiful inside, but they provided the best view of London.

"Jake?" Jemma poked at my ribs.

"Yes Jemma?" I decided to play this mind game she wanted to play.

"Who were those girls at the store tonight?" She asked unpacking groceries.

"Which girls?" I asked knowing very well which girls she was talking about.

My sister loved gossip just like our mother, and I knew she won't rest till she got what she wanted. When Jemma wanted something, she was like a dog with a bone.

"Don't play dumb Jake, it doesn't suit you." She said with a scowl.

"You wouldn't call just anyone pet names without knowing them" She pointed out.