Girl Talk

When April heard my plans for our weekend, she was the one to who chose the club and off we went. The plan was to go clubbing first, have some drinks, and dance, then go to the nearest place to eat. I was skeptical about the club April took us to, it's name sounded like a name for a strip club, even a brothel.

Imagine my surprise when we got inside the club and the scenery of the place screamed nothing close to what I thought was awaiting us inside. It had a charm to it that no other night club I had been to possessed, the red and black deco worked well together.

The gold and black bar was surrounded by many people waiting to order drinks, at the far end opposite the bar was a two or three feet high stage where a DJ was playing music. The dim lights enhanced the ambience in the populated club.

This wasn't what I thought when we saw the sign with "Red Stilettos" outside the club. I wondered what brought on the name, did it have any significance or it was just spontaneity?

In fact the entire night wasn't what I was expecting, meeting Chef Jake in a night club threw me off guard. Dancing with him left me overwhelmed, he smelt so good —his lean body was so hard — his hands on my waist...

"Who is got you looking like that?" A far away voice said.

"She can't hear you, she is in dreamland."

"Let me do this before she catches on."

I was brought out of lala land by a click sound. In front of me was Soph and April smiling like two idiots, they looked like cats that got the cream. "Why are you looking at ke like that?" I voiced my thoughts.

April said "Nothing at all."

The same time Sophia said "who's the guy that got you all that dreamy look on your face?" Which gained her a jab in the shoulder from April.

"What dreamy look are you talking about?" Looking directly at Soph I asked.

April is a serial liar when she wanted to be, the pokerface she had pulled up told me I wouldn't get anything out of her. Sophia however was sure to let a few secrets out, her pale skin was red, a clear indication she couldn't hide anything.

"I think my phone is ringing, must be my mum." Soph said in one breath running to her room.

April and I looked at the direction she disappeared into and laughed out loud. Did she literally run to avoid me? Where was the bold outspoken girl from yesterday?

"Soph, come back. Ara won't grill you no more." April shouted to my roommate.

           ~~~~~~~~~~💅🏼🧀~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the day we spent indoors getting manicures, pedicures and massages, well April was, Soph and I were only getting massages and pedicures. I had booked for us three to get pampered in our apartment and the ladies didn't disappoint. They arrived right on time like we had agreed, getting right to work.

Our living room was transformed into a spa, the couches were pushed up against the wall to make space for massage beds. The lady massaging my aching feet knew what she was doing, and by the sounds coming from April she was happy with the service too.

"I don't understand, you and Alex are not twins but you share a birthday?" Sophia asked sipping her champagne.

"For someone so smart, you can be slow." April said with a muffled voice.

"Alex is two years older than A, making him twenty four and his sister twenty two. They have same birth date but different years, so over the years they have always celebrated together." I explained munching on cheese.