𝙥𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡

bzz bzz

The sound of buzzing from your phone in your hand jolts your body awake. Forcing yourself to lift you heavy head off Bakugo's shoulder you rub yours eyes. Bakugo looks down at you seeing the weight disappear from his body.

Caller ID: Uncle Shinya

Your brows furrow looking at how late it was

Time: 11:45pm

"Hello? Uncle Shinya" It was obvious you'd just woken up by your hoarse morning voice

"Hello, is this y/n? Sorry to wake you up, this is Kamui Woods" your heart starts racing thinking of the worst possible outcome of this call.

"Hello.. um.. uncle Shinya.. where is he?" You lean forward holding your hand up to your chest trying to calm down as Bakugo squeezes your shoulder turning your attention to him while he mouths the words 'are you okay?'

Before you could reply Kamui Woods interrupted you, "he's at the hospital right now going in for surgery. Edgeshot got injured during our fight and I have to go to the office and file a report, is it possible for you to grab spare clothes for him? I'll text you which hospital he's at"

"O-okay, I'll go now" the call ends as you bury your face in your hands taking a deep exhale, you didn't even realise you were holding your breath.

"y/n are you okay? What happened?" Mina asks concerned at your reaction

"Uncle Shinya, he's in hospital" The words didn't feel real

"I can drive you!" Kaminari spoke from the couch across the room. You were so tired and focused on talking to Kamui Woods you didn't even realise he was here.

 You were so tired and focused on talking to Kamui Woods you didn't even realise he was here

After entering your uncles flat, you rush to his room and start packing spare clothes. Kaminari walks inside and carefully looks around the apartment. He approaches a side table filled with framed photographs that your mother had sent your uncle over the years, dressed in several different uniforms. However Kaminari halts seeing a photo of you and Edgeshot holding a kunai knife. A smile spreads across Kaminari's face seeing how happy you look posing next to your uncle.

Thud

While hurriedly packing the thought of your uncle potentially dying makes your knees weak as silent tears fall.

"y/n!? Are you okay!?" Kaminari runs into the room to see you on the floor with your head down. He crouched down beside you and hesitatingly pats your back, "hey" he spoke in a soft voice.

Without thinking you hug him and bury your head in his chest so he doesn't see you crying. Kaminari melts wrapping his arms around you, he knew you were crying from the cold wet patches forming on his shirt.

"I'm sorry Denki" your muffled voice whimpers, "I'm just scared" you pull away and wipe your tears, forcing a smile.

Kaminari mentally sighs seeing you look like this but he chooses to flash you a bright smile, "don't worry y/n, edgeshot is a strong hero, i'm sure he'll be okay, plus I'm here! You wont be alone" he grins from ear to ear.

You nod in agreement, "you're right, thank you Denki" you smile at him. Out of anyone you could've gone with, you were glad it was Denki.
His presence alone just made you feel better, it was warm and bright like the sun.

***

The smell of disinfectants filled your senses as you wait in anticipation outside the operation room. Kaminari looks over at your leg shaking up and down while you fiddle with your thumbs. He pouts thinking what he could do or say to make you feel better. He wanted to hold your hand to say it's okay but he couldn't bring himself to touch you without your permission.

After what felt like an eternity, the doctor walks out and goes over to you.

"are you a relative of Mr Kamihara?" you nod in response, the anxious look on your face was obvious to the doctor as she eases your nerves, "the operation was a success, he's currently sleeping from the anaesthesia and he'll be resting here for the week just for evaluation before we dismiss him" a breath of relief escapes your lips

"Thank you" you smile

While stood outside the door of your uncles room, your heart starts racing. Kaminari notices you halt your step while staring at the door handle.

"If you still feel scared you can always hold my hand" He blurts out, regretting immediately, "I-I mean if you want to, I don't want it to seem like I want to make a move or anything I-" Kaminari stops his rambling feeling your trembling hand touch his.

"Thank you Denki"