Chapter 4

After putting on my socks I slipped on some fluffy flipflop as I sprinted out of my room.

It's Monday again.

Dad has already gone to work by now.

Down stairs it was tranquil yet disturbing.

It's so peaceful I wish I could hear utensils crash onto one another. I wish I could hear the faint sound of the TV and the little argument of channels whether it should be sports or news. I wish I could smell the crusty bacon. I wish I'd hear something about wishing me a good morning. I wish I could wish them same to them.

I wish I had dad back. He didn't work that early and late before.

I wish I had mom back.

But life isn't fair so I sauntered to the direction of the kitchen.

I grinned at the sight of the island in front of me.

I take it back.

I don't want my dad back.

He never really left. He's still with me.

I took the little paper that read: 'good morning, Inggrid."

I've always complained of how bad his penmanship is but right now I just accepted every flaw. Like the scattered messy clouds that still takes our breath away.

I pulled the wooden stool and sat on it as I grabbed the fork and indulged the cold chocolate pancake that dad has made for me.

I jumped off the school bus and entered the gates of Archer Academy.

I was greeted by boastful and terrified smiles.

They parted away as I walk by like I was Moses and they take the part of being the water.

I walked up the steps of the entrance.

There was couple making out at the very front door.

I stopped and watched. Yeah, it's rude but why would they be blocking my way if they didn't want me to watch?

Everyone fell silent as they looked at me and the couple who both have their uniforms crinkled due to their wonderous hands.

The girl shot her eyes open as her eyes roamed around until they found mine.

Her face was a great epitome of 'The Scream'

She pushed the guy off of her. The guy jolts his head towards me and, boy, did I wish I had a camera.

He squealed.

Like a 5-year-old girl.

Everyone crack up laughing. Like, who wouldn't?

Well, me, actually.

I contained myself and let a smirk play along my face which completely tortured the couple. Not knowing if I was mad or found this whole thing funny. To be honest, I don't know either.

"Inggrid, I am terribly sorry." The guy apologize leaving his diginity 10 feet under ground.

I don't really recognized the guy. Maybe he's someone who doesn't make the principal's office his second home.

"This would be the first and last time that this would happen. I-I promise." The brunette girl panicked.

"We'll do what-"

I cut the guy off by waving my hands dismissively.

I gave them my intimidating smile. The kind of smile where a serial killer was about to stab his victim.