Chapter 10

"I really feel bad for Trevor, y'know?" Autumn starts off. "I mean, he detached from us because of his girly hormonal alter ego and that sucks."

I groaned and rolled my eyes though she can't see me given that she was tailing behind me.

"What? You are?" Ethan asked, dumbfounded. He was tailing behind Autumn. "What kind of friend would just walk away like that like you never mattered? It's cruel."

I had to admit that there was a pang on my chest when he said that. Probably because it's true.

How could he do such a thing? I get that he has been the over protective obnoxious big brother that Autumn and I never had but to, him, act like the way he did- it isn't rational.

He was not like that when Autumn let's Ethan arm over her shoulder or when they come to school together. Of course, he sends daggers but not the kind of daggers that he shot me. He sent me the F.O dagger.

"Yeah, what your boyfriend said."

I could feel Autumn intensely blushing.

"He is not my boyfriend." Autumn said, almost in a whisper.

"Yeah, sadly." I heard Ethan murmur. Half-wanting me to hear and half not.

Oh, the drama on relationships. Whether it's a friendly or intimate relationships, drama has to always butt in. It's fucking annoying.

I just think that

I stopped mid-thought and mid-step and mid-breath.

I felt Autumn's face slap on my back and feeling another push as I presume Ethan had hit Autumn's back due to my sudden halt.

I heard the clattering of phones and books.

"Damn, my book, Inggrid!" Autumn and Ethan hissed in unison. Of course, they care more about the crumpled pages of their books rather than their expensive phones.

And then here he was, standing in front of me. And by he I meant my good ol' friend Trevor Carson.

"What was that all ab- oh. Woah." Autumn peaked from behind.

"Surprise, surprise." Ethan deadpanned.

I've grown fond about Ethan because he see and balance things equally and ever-so true to himself and to everyone else.

"Inggrid." His voice was foreign and distant. Was he gone from my life that long?

"People, if you search this up in a dictionary, there is this kind of thing called 'life' and we all have that. Now, go bother your own!" Autumn spat beside me as she eyed the students circuling around me.

They didn't budge at first but, then, I arched an eyebrow making them scatter all over the place and find a place to hide. A rock, maybe.

Trevor sighed and shut his eyes.

This is too dramatic for a dull person like me.

"What?"

"Inggrid, I.."

Am truly sorry about the way I acted and I miss my best friend. Let's fix this.

Maybe if I was in a movie that would have happened. In movies, there were always perfect timing. In movies, there were always the right thing to say. In movies, it ends up well.