Chapter 16

Seven days and nine hours since Craig Williams abruptly left.

Not even a word or a shadow.

His absence was together with James and Bruce's.

No one has a clue where they went. Yet, no parent complained which is how I ended up in Trance's office.

I've been asked one to many times where were the boys like I keep them in my closet. More specifically, where was Craig. My project. The one I should be looking after.

I tried lying that Craig had mentioned some big family event and he may have brought James and Bruce under his wing. My cover for the boys went on for a day or two until Trance got suspicious and called the boys' guardians which was un-shockingly fake.

Mr. Bickler washes his face with his palms, frustratedly. "Where are these kids?"

"Well, you know how foolish they are. They'll be back." I beckoned. "In that little of time, the four of us made a bond. Y'know? Quatro amigo? No one gets left behind?" I tried to manipulate but on the inside I am hell worried of those boys. It's a gang thing, I swear it is, which worries me more. Craig was their defender, their backbone and he is injured badly. He can not fight for himself nor can James and Bruce can fight for him. Craig was always the strong one physically, mentally and emotionally.

"I understand, you want me to feel better about three lost boys with fake numbers of guardians." Trance clicked his ball pen continuously like a sick rad principal that he is.

"Don't worry, I'll go Peter Pan on them." I tried to lighten up but it didn't even ease the lump in my throat.

They couldn't be kidnapped, right? Well, considering that those idiots are filthy rich, the stakes are high.

Thousands of possibilities stroke through my mind until I walked out of the Principal's office.

My mind was so clouded that I almost bumped onto Katy and Jane. Great, just the people that I least want to see.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Katy apologized without missing a beat.

"Are you all right, pres?" Jane asked, fake concerned.

I haven't seen these two since the second chapter-- I mean for the last couple of weeks and I really don't need their drama today.

"Yeah." I answered Jane. "No need to apologize, Katy." I said dismissively.

They both bobbed their head up and down.

"All right, carry on, ladies." I said passing through them.

I was walking away but I could still hear the faint sound of their voices.

"Is it me or did she just get a little less terrifying." I recognized Jane's voice.

"I know. I think her cold heart faced warmth when Craig and her started a bond or something."

"I think their dating."

I was about to open my mouth to keep them away from my personal life when Katy snapped at Jane.