Chapter 6

"Five o'clock. Sharp. Got it!" Elena, the secretary, notioned.

          "Yes! We'll be there!" Clarissa, the auditor, assured.

           I slowly nodded and slowly craned my neck to face Trevor who was doodling something on a paper. "And so will you, bloody vice president."

          I glared at him. Our anual acquiantance party are coming closer than we thought. We had to rush things. Put glits over there and glam over the other. And Trevor being the vice president that he is, isn't entirely helping.

        He sighed before placing his pen down. "I already said that I will bloody go, Inggrid."

        I squinted my eyes at him making the big muscular guy fidget.

        "Geesh, I'm coming on time..... I swear..... I will, Inggrid...... Oh, God..... Please stop looking at me like that...... I'll be coming at the park where we'll all meet and I'll bring my car for the decoration shopping, now, quit giving me that look."

     I slowly looked away but looked back with the same intimidating squinting of eyes. He jumped almost fell backwards with his chair. Damn, almost! Okay, I'm mean.

     "Just making sure." I muttered as I glance back at the paper with messy scribbles placed in front of me.

     I locked the student council room before turning to a thick eye glaced Elena and the ever joyful Clarissa.

     "We won't be late; I promise!" Clarissa smiled at me nervously.

     I raised a brow.

     "Five on the dot. We'll be there." Elena assured with the same nervousness lacing through her voice.

-

     5:04 pm, Saturday, at the park which was the meeting place.

     "Inggrid, I'm so sorry. I can't ma-"

     I cut Elena's voice with mine and screamed on my phone. "Don't you dare finish that sentence, Elena!" And I hang up just in time when I recieved a text message from Clarissa.

     And-surprise, surprise- she couldn't make it either. One of her close family member was in a hospital. I didn't bother going full beast mode on her. She might have already felt bad of the hospitalization of someone with her own blood. Well, atleast I hope what she said was true.

     I grunted as I chucked my phone into my jean's pocket.

     Damn, I thought.

     I looked around the empty playground.

     I sighed exhaustedly. Elena and Clarissa were off my list. The only one left is Trevor.

     I fumbled out my phone and started dialing Trev's number.

     He didn't answer so I called again.

     He picked up at the third ring.

     "Well, it's about damn time you pick up!" I growled.

      "Wha-Inggrid?" I heard a swooshing of thick air on the other line letting me know that he just checked the caller I.D on his phone screen.

     I rolled my eyes. "Where are you?"

     "Why? Where are the girls?" He panted as if he just ran 10 laps on the oval and as if on cue I heard......

     "Mr. Carson! Why the fuck are you on your fucking phone! Another ten fucking laps!"