Chapter 8

"I'm sorry, Inggrid. I'm breaking up with you."

"Are you serious?" I furrowed my eyes at him before turning to face Autumn who was engrossed with her phone and Ethan with his laptop. Oh, kids these days!

''Is he serious, Aut?"

She shrugged and leaned back against the bleachers. "I had warned you about it."

I turned to look at Trevor with an amused face.

He shook his head. "It's final. I'm breaking up with you. I'm breaking our friendship that was kept for years. I'm breaking it." He stated as he looked at me without blinking.

I looked at him for a second before laughing so hard it made me cry.

"Why are you laughing?"

I bent down to hold my sides that hurt.

"Stop it."

I laughed again.

"That's it. I'm out." He said before standing up but I already caught his wrist. He looked down at me with pieces of his blonde hair falling down his forehead and his gray eye was pierced on me. When we were younger, I like to think that we were siblings considering the fact that he has mom's gray eyes only his were brighter. Mom's eyes were a darker shade of gray. She was strong. Strong enough to leave dad. Strong enough to leave me.

I let my laughter subside. I had never laughed that hard in so long. Maybe it's because I'm really upset of something right now and I just need to have a good fit.

"Get back down here, moron." I ordered.

He rolled his eyes and mumble something incoherent before taking a seat beside me once more.

I took a deep breath before facing him. "Again, why were you 'breaking up' with me?" I air quoted the 'breaking up' part making him roll his eyes.

He kept his shoulders square. "Because you and Cr-"

My sincere apologies but I laughed again.

Why am I laughing again?

I don't really know. Everything just seemed so funny. It's funny how I consider Ethan as a friend now. It's funny that we all had vacant at the same time. It's funny how life isn't fair. It's funny how a single boy could make you feel thousands of truck filled with feelings.