Chapter 9

Renesmee Pov-

“Aro.” I said politely

“I haven’t seen you in seventeen years.” He smiled down at me.

“When you came to kill me.” I pointed out.

“You’re still mad about that, my dear?” He frowns.

“Uh. Maybe just a little. But it’s nice to see you.” I lied. I was not happy to him. And I’m a lot mad. He tried to kill me and my family. The male for the guard of the volturi didn’t look happy to be wearing white. Alec I had to admit he looks good in white, but he didn’t look happy either. Alec and Felix eyes where back to red. It made me a little sad; I was enjoying hunting with them. I guess that’s over.

Aro seemed to cheer up at my comment, that it was nice to see him. “You too, my dear. You look beautiful. But I should let you get to your other guest’s. Don’t want them to get jealous.” He smiled.

“Thank you. Yes, they can get a lot jealous.” I gave a laugh and nodded to the wolves. They wolves have gotten attached to me.

“Hey!” Jared mumbled trough the food in his mouth.

“See you around.” I smiled to Aro. I walked past the Guard of the Volturi. Ignoring Felix and Alec. I walked up to the food table where Jared and Paul where. I knew the volturi where listening. They don’t trust the wolves. Jared had food and his face. I let out a giggle. “Umm... Jared? Are you trying to save food for later?” I teased.

He caught on fast. “Oh. Yeah, I’m saving it for later. I might be hungry later on! I don’t want to starve.” He joked. Paul snorted.

I rolled my eyes. “Sure you will. With Emily around.” I turned to Paul. “Do you know where Jake is?”

He nodded. “Out in the wood somewhere. You should be able to tracking him by his smell.” He winked.

“Okay.” I walked past vampires to the front door. “Oh, Paul?” I said, not turning around.

“Yeah?” He asked

“You do know you smell too?” I didn’t wait for answer; I walked out into the night air. I heard laugher come from the house, even the guard laughed. I fallowed Jake scent though the woods to the lake. I saw him at the bank of the lake. His olive skin glowing under the moon light. I walked up to him. He didn’t move, but he knew I was there. “Jake can we talk?” I asked.

He looked up at my sadness in his eyes, then anger replaced them. He stood up and faced me. “No Nessie. I don’t want to talk. I told you that I imprinted on you. But you ran away!”

“I know Jake I’m—“ He interrupted me.

“ I get you don’t love me you never have! ” What does he mean? I love him, but not the love he wants me to have. “I will leave! That would make you happy, wouldn’t!” He was in my face. I could feel heat coming off of his body.

“Jake.” I sighted. But I knew whatever I said he wouldn’t believe me. I felt my eyes start to water.

“You love that Volturi kid don’t you?!” He was shaking now.

“What?” I said. I might like Alec, but I don’t know if I love him. Before I could explain, Jake ran into the woods. “Jake! Jacob! Jake please!” Tears where streaming down my face. My legs gave out, I fell to the ground. I felt hopeless. My Jake was gone! I began to sob.

I heard someone sit next to me. “Are you all right?” Said a beautiful voice. How much did he hear? Does he think I love him? Is he mad? But I didn’t want to worry about those things right now. I didn’t care if he heard. I was to upset. I had lost my best friend, my brother. I looked up into his beautiful face. His red eyes looking down at me. They showed sadness and care.

I shook my head. “Alec.” I began to cry again. I leaned my head on his shoulder, cold and perfect. He wrapped his arms around me and cupped my head under his chin. We didn’t say anything as we looked out at the lake. It felt right to be in his arms. Does he think the same?