Chapter 14: Right Behind You

INGRASSIA, IN A CERTAIN FAMOUS CAFE

"You met the Queen??!!!!" A shout from a woman startled the nearby customer and bystanders.

Hinata, realizing her tone, sit back down with her face full on red while keeping her face down, hiding her embarrasment. Rimuru could only chuckle at the way she act while his subordinate can only stared at him with question.

"Rimuru-sama, who's this queen?" Shuna asked as she took a bite at her strawberry cake.

Rimuru then explained to them like how an artist praised the beauty of the world, "Queen Elizabeth II, she was the longest living monarch back in my world."

"There's actually nothing special about her aside that she's, well, a queen." Rimuru took a sip of tea from the cup, "I'm not even her people, yet she somehow took everyone's heart. She's elegant, beautiful, and the way she smile is just so perfect."

Hinata interject, "But is the Queen still alive? The last thing i know about her was that she was ill."

"Oh, she's fine. She's alive and well, she's on her 100th before i got here, God save the Queen." He said while looking to the blue sky, reminiscing the good ol time like after 9/11.

(I don't know why i did that, im sorry if you're offended.)

"So, how did you met her?" Hinata asked.

Rimuru then told the story with his hand moving around less than an Itallian, "Well, a friend of mine from England was having wedding, his fiance tweeted that it would be lovely if the Queen visited the party, it was supposed to be a joke. Then the next day, she arrived, accompanied by her bodyguards."

"Everyone was, of course, confused and scared. The Queen herself attend a wedding party, there are no nobles, only the middle class and businessman. I only took a selfie with her and have like, 10 second of chit-chat with her."

"Wow..." Hinata was amazed, this old man met one of her idols, he even get a selfie with her.

She learned about the queen when her mother teached her about the outside world, of what lies beyond the sea. Although things goes south after sometime.

"Anyway," Rimuru eyed her with a cold yet warming gaze, "the reason we're here?"

Hinata eye brows went up and straightened her back, "Right." She then leaned herself forward.

"The council, before they invited you for this, have had a meeting with me, discussing about Tempest and so on. They're still confused on how to face you since Tempest just came out of nowhere."

"There's also about the Eastern empire."

"So they want me to handle the empire? They aren't gonna milk the hell out of me?" Rimuru cutted her.

"Eh, probably both. Also Prince Elric would be present as well, i think. He's...you could say he's..." Hinata tried to find the answer while making some faces.

"I see." Rimuru sigh.

It seems the council want his country to be the first into the fray. A newborn nation filled with powerful monster with advanced tech facing a supposedly a superpower nation that exist longer than probably any western nation.

What a good idea!

'Although i think they want me to be their barbed wire, buying sometime for the imminent doom.' Rimuru nonchalantly thought.

Hinata look at the clock on one of the shop in the street.

"Well, let's go, the meeting about to start." Hinata gets up from her seat followed by Rimuru's two subordinates.