Chapter 16: Deep Under

Rimuru stood on top of a metal floor with his eyes gazed onto whatever was in front of him. He eyed onto the papers he has on his hand and silently read them, undisturbed by the loud sound ahead of him.

Steels banging and blinding lights shined frequently, reflected by the water below. The sound of cutting of a hard object is very common on the room as well.

Sounds of footsteps approached from behind unannounced, he pay it no mind as the familiar voice showed itself.

"I have return, my lord." The figure in black bowed 90° degrees to him.

Rimuru took a look behind him, "Ah, Diablo! Remind me again, where have you been?" He asked with little to no suprise with his tone.

Diablo raised himself, "My lord, i was doing the mission you requested."

"Ah of course, so you brought...how many?" He finally turned facing Diablo, unintentionally shined and giving a full view for Diablo to feast.

"My lord, you are just as gracious as the day i met you. And for your question my lord, more than 3 thousands."

Rimuru briefly twitched from this answer in which Diablo noticed it.

"That is...a lot."

Suddenly, without any warning, Diablo prostrated to Rimuru.

"I apologies if my action displeased you my lord. I shall face any consequences whatever you see fit."

"Oh, no no no. It is fine, although tedious, it is probably better this way." He put his hand on Diablo's shoulder, Diablo turned up and uh......

The reflected light from the water shined Rimuru's back and his front shadowed, it's like facing your god or something. It's all too beautiful for Diablo, especially his lord's sweet and warm smile.

"You did well, so as your lord, i shall gave you a reward befitting for your service."

For those who have eagle like eyes, they can see a tiny tear formed on one of his eyes.

"Now, would you kindly show me where they are?"

___________________

The sun shines with breezing winds, the sound of wooden wheels traversed the dirt road with the forest damped the sound. Columns of carriages traversed through the wood with a gentle pace. No human in sight, for all of them are monsters.

Goblins, Ogres, Dragonoid and the likes were the only one present, even tho they do look human. Inside one of the carriages that was near at the front, a woman with a horn, wore purple blazer and purple skirt.

Shion fixed her almost falling glasses as the carriage hit another bump, "Are you sure that this is the most smooth one than the others, Benimaru? As far as i recall, the carriage always jump like a child playing trampoline."

A large grey wolf appeared beside her carriage, "Apologies, but yes. The other roads are nothing but rocky hills or sand dunes with a size of a mountain."

"Liar." She said.

"No, i am not." He responded.

Shion huffed and returned inside the carriage as Benimaru stay beside her carriage.

He sighed, "You really changed a lot, don't you?"

"Hmm?"

A sudden gush of wind hit him from the side followed by a petite figure with 2 tails on it's head. This, of course, caused him to almost flipped back.

"WOAH??!!"

"Tehee, sorry!" Milim apologize as she hover beside him.

He sighed again.