Chapter: 16

Jamison's P.O.V

Time seemed to slow down and then all of a sudden speed back up, we traveled through space and it felt like forever before we were spat out by the portal. We regained our balance and when I looked up I saw a huge Victorian castle, it had gargoyles on the top and the aura radiating off of it screamed intimidation.

Kai checked our surroundings, and I noticed we had been transported to a blind spot of the castle's perimeter, I silently thanked Luis, and grabbed a hold of Kai's hand once again. "Let's try to find Charles and navigate our way through this literal hell hole." Kai said, I nodded and we began to slowly walk closer to the castle making sure to stay hidden so that not even our shadows were seen.

It was clear that the castle had a lot of wooded area, but I knew as long as we could see the castle, but stayed silent, we were going to have no problem navigating through it. Or so I thought.

"You two are the most obvious bastards I've ever laid my eyes on." Said a British sounding voice I spun around and so did Kai. A man with salt and pepper colored hair appeared seemingly out of no where, he was a muscular tall man that seemed to have runes going up and down his arms. He seemed to almost resemble the mad hatter in a way, but more muscular and with runes all over him.

"Well it's not like we try to break into hell often." I whispered yelled at the man, who I was hopefully guessing was Charles.

The man scoffed at me and crossed his arms, "It's obvious, you both don't know what the hell you're doing." He said towards me with a raised eyebrow and his head tilted.

"I'm guessing your Charles then?" Said Kai cutting us off from glaring at each other, for some reason i really didn't like this man's attitude.

"Yes, I am. You must be the two Luis told me about." Charles spoke, I just nodded my head and moved closer to Kai.

"Where do we go from here?" Said Kai, he seemed to have no interest in talking about petty, trivial things which did make sense considering the fact we were in the middle of hell. I continued to have a pointed look at Charles, in my mind there was just something off but I couldn't tell what it was with this guy. I didn't think Luis would set us up with anyone who could put us in harm's way but I still couldn't help but feel cautious.

"I'll be showing you two the way so just follow me, stay close to me." Charles said turning his back towards us and continuing a completely different way then where we were going. Me and Kai followed closely behind him like he said, and for a majority of the walk was done in silence. We were walking at the same pace right beside each other, we continued walking through the forest for what felt like an eternity and then before we knew it we were approaching a big black gate that seemed to be surrounding acres and acres of land. There was a big stone gray castle like mansion, it was like a mix between the two.

The castle/mansion looked almost completely normal, it had tons of windows and an entry way that was way too big for just one person. It looked so intimidating in a way because who knew what kind of evil things could've laid behind these walls.

"Stay close to me and try to duck as low as you can and be as quiet as you can." Charles said to us, we did just as told and made it from the protection of the woodland to the left side of the castle. Since it was dark outside, we were able to blend into the shadows of the house.

"Hold onto me, you two." Charles said, I grabbed onto his arm and Kai did the same thing and in an instant we were teleported again to yet another unknown location.

When I opened my eyes we were standing in a sort of hallway closet, with two full grown men and me inside the closet, to say it was cramped was an understatement. "Where are we?" I whispered to who I thought was Charles since it was pitch black in the closet.