Chapter: 12

Jamison's P.O.V

"I-I'm sorry what?" I asked her, completely shocked, I glanced over to Kai and he had the same expression and me on his face, right now we both probably looked like fishes out of water.

"I said that if my assumptions are right you are related to one of the strongest demons, I knew from the second you walked into my house you were special but now I really know. Have you heard the legend of sangius daemon?" Claire asked flipping through the pages of the book she had been looking for earlier. 

"Um no, I'm afraid not. What is it?" I asked still skeptical at the idea that I was supposedly related to some demon.

"Well child, I will tell you.  Sangius daemon in Latin literally means blood demon, they are similar to vampires but at the same time are completely different. They are the second strongest breed of demons to ever have existed. They have soulmates which is something I'm certain Kai has told you all about, but usually these demons only have mates of the same species, there have been a few cases of them having a mate in a different kind of demon but it was always another demon nonetheless. That all changed about eighteen years ago, when one of the sangius daemons found his mate in a human.

 The demon's name was Lukas and his human mate was named Sheila, their love was something that not even the gods could separate, they where the true definition of soulmates. But instead of being happy for them, the demons conspired a plan with Sheila's family to tear them apart because they thought it was unnatural. Sheila's family was very religious and so finding out their precious daughter had been tainted by a demon was ssomethin they did not and would not allow Lukas's family/coven.

They couldn't believe that the two were true mates, they couldn't be happy for them, they wouldn't let them live their lives peacefully together so they tore the couple apart. They erased Sheila's memory of Lukas and imprisoned Lukas for life. What none of them planned for was Sheila was already pregnant with Lukas's child, Sheila gave birth to a boy but died shortly after from blood loss. Sheila's family wanted nothing to do with the child, so they abandoned him, they left the poor boy to die out in the harsh weather. Lukas had found out what happened and went insane, he had not only lost his mate but he also felt like he had lost his only child. He killed every single demon that had dared to take his mate from him, then he killed Sheila's entire family with no remorse. He searched high and low for his son, but he could only do so much. After ten years of looking, he gave up and spiraled into a deep depression. All of the anger and hate he had once possessed had subsided and all that was left was grief and sadness. He didn't know what to do, he was lost, a side of him wanted to die and be with his mate, but the other side of him wanted to find his son, raise him and keep him safe because he knew that would also be what his mate would've wwanted," she explained.

 I just sat there in complete shock, but another part of me felt like crying, I'm not sure why but the story had seemed so heartbreaking. All they had wanted was to be together but because of their families they got torn apart, in a way it reminded me of Romeo and Juliet.

"Wait how do you know all of this? How do we know you aren't just lying and making something up?" Kai asked, looking like he hadn't believed a word Claire had said.

 Claire smiled at him and lifted up the book she had been looking through it was huge and it looked to be heavier than me, it looked to be very old and worn, "this book I'm holding is the recording of mates, it contains every single pair of mates that has ever existed, when the mates find each other their names pop up in the book and so does their story. This book has been around longer than I have, I am not allowed to read anyone else's story, the only way I was able to read Lukas's and Sheila's is because it was so popular and the council wanted to use it as an example. They wanted people to know it was never okay to try and tear apart mates because it always leads to unnecessary bloodshed. The council created rules after what happened to Lukas and Sheila, they forbade anyone from interfering between the bond of mates and anyone who went against this law was punished with death." She finished off, at this point my mind was whirling in each direction, what was a council? What other laws were there? What did any of this have to do with me? It wasn't like I was their kid, I have a mom back at home that is very much alive. None of this was making sense.