Chapter: 10

Jamison's P.O.V

The next morning I woke up before Kai so I decided to cook us both breakfast, I cooked toast, eggs, bacon and grits. I don't know how some people can hate grits I love them, I carried the food into the living room and placed it on the coffee table, I went to go wake up Kai but when I got to our bedroom he wasn't in the bed where I left him. I started to look around until I felt his arms circle around my waist and pull me into his chest I giggled and turned in his arms so that my head was buried into his chest I wrapped my own arms around him and hugged him back.

"Where were you? I missed you." He said burying his head into the crook of my neck.

I chuckled, "I was only downstairs, I didn't go that far." I replied.

"If you're not in my arms then you're too far away from me." He said sounding completely serious, I blushed at this and hugged him tighter attempting to hide my face.

"Aw are you embarrassed?" He asked me in a mocking tone, I looked up at him and pouted. Was I acting like a spoiled child? Yes. Do I care? Nope.

I guess he thought me pouting was funny because he started to laugh making me frown even more. "It's not funny!" I yelled at him now trying to get out of his grip,

"Okay, okay I'm sorry you're right it's not funny... it's hilarious." He said laughing harder, his grip weakened on me so I took the chance and got out of his hold.

"Fine you want to make fun of me so much no breakfast for you! I hope you starve!" I said walking downstairs to eat all of the food because I am honestly that petty. I yelped when all of a sudden I was swept off my feet and was now being carried bridal style down the stairs, I huffed and crossed my arms, "Kai put me down." I said.

"Nah I'm good." He said not even seeming to be affected by my weight,

"Kai put me down you're still injured! I don't want you to hurt yourself even more!" I demanded but to no avail, he still carried me until we got into the living room, I swear I love him but why does he have to be so damn difficult all the time? Finally he placed me down on the couch and took a seat beside me, we started eating in comfortable silence until Kai cleared his throat, I looked up at him and he was quiet for a moment almost looking like he was trying to come up with what to say.

"Spit it out Kai." I said in a bit of an annoyed tone, and for the first time since I've ever met Kai he looked...nervous? Him being nervous made me nervous since he always had that persona of not taking anything too seriously.

"Well um I think we should talk about what happened yesterday, I mean don't get me wrong I'm happy that we won against that monster, but honestly Jamison you didn't look like yourself when you were fighting that thing, you looked like you were just as evil as that thing." He said babbling, one thing really struck me though, he thought I was evil?

The thought of him thinking that about me made my heart hurt and made me want to cry, I didn't want him to think I was evil when in reality I was just trying to save both of us. It saddened me but it also pissed me off, I mean when he was fighting in his wolf form I didn't call him evil or say he looked like the devil himself I stuck beside him and cheered him on or tried my best to help him.

"What are you trying to say Kai?" I said in a calm voice, he was seriously starting to piss me off, I get that he's concerned about me, hell, I'm concerned about me! I almost killed a monster that was at least three feet taller than me with my bare hands, but at the same time there was no reason for him to call me evil when in reality I saved his sorry ass, I didn't see him get up and try to fight that monster.

I guess he caught on that I was basically seething with rage because his gold eyes widened and realization of what he had just said to me dawned upon him. Bastard. "Wait I didn't mean it like that, I just mean-" "I know exactly what you meant." I said cutting him off, I stood from the couch and narrowed my eyes at him.