Chapter: 6

Kai's P.O.V

I loved every second of the kiss me and Jamison shared it felt amazing, too bad I had to cut it short, I hated leaving him the way I did and I knew just by the pang of hurt in my chest that my mate was hurting, I didn't realize leaving him like that would have hurt him emotionally. God why am I such an idiot?! Of course leaving him like that hurt his feelings! I went from teasing him to kissing him, then I just bolted, I would have to apologize later, but for right now I had to find it. I hated that thing, it lived in the woods and usually goes by the name 'Rouge' it's an ugly creature.

It looks like a dog, but it's not, It's name used to be Leon and worst of all it used to be a werewolf, I used to know him when I was younger, when I was five he was seventeen, back then I never would've imagined he would turn into the monster he is today. He used to be kind, caring, loving, selfless, every good characteristic trait you can think of he was. It wasn't until his mate rejected him that he turned evil, well at first he wasn't evil, he just shut himself away from the world, that was the beginning then he started killing other wolves.

That was the last straw for his family, they kicked him out of the family and personally I don't blame them, but they also had a witch do a curse on him, he was forever cursed to be as ugly on the outside as he was on the inside, that was until he found someone who loved him for the ugly beast he was, which we all knew would never happen. A part of me felt a little bad for him but taking another's life because you have anger issues is never a way to solve things, do I think he deserved the curse? No. Do I think he deserved to be kicked out? Hell yeah.

I had been searching for Leon for a while, finally I gave up and decided to head back over to Jamison's house, I was close when I heard the most gut wrenching scream my ears have ever had the displeasure of hearing I instantly realized who's it was, Jamison. A burning pain ripped through my abdomen, I then picked up on Leon's scent. Now that I know he laid a disgusting finger on Jamison he could count himself as good as dead. I know I said to never kill out of anger, but right now it was an exception.

I ran towards the house and transformed into my wolf. I ran up the stairs and followed the scent of blood, it wasn't Jamison's thank god. I threw open the door to reveal a disgusting Leon on top of my beautiful Jamison. Leon may be bigger than me but I didn't care, you don't touch MY mate. I threw myself at the disgusting thing, he howled in pain and quickly brought his claw down across my face i felt the blood run down my cheek but I ignored the pain and bit into the monster's shoulder, he howled again but I didn't let him move I pinned him against the ground and brought my claw down, tearing into his abdomen. I think I returned the pain he caused Jamison, I wasn't finished though, this was a battle he wasn't going to win.

I continued to dig my claws and teeth into the mortifying monster, but I heard a whimper come from my mates little body and turned my head to look at my mate, which in turn was a mistake. Leon flipped me off of him, and jumped out of the rooms window, which was already open and I'm guessing that was originally how he got in. I then noticed Jamison's grandmother on her bed, she had been viciously murdered it made me sad I couldn't save her, but there was nothing I could do she was gone. my top priority now was Jamison, I ran to his side and dropped down on my knees beside him I picked his head up and placed him in my lap.

I noticed some blood coming from his abdomen, I ripped his shirt off to see how bad the injury was, it wasn't awful or life threatening which I was more than thankful for, his pulse was still strong he was just passed out. I'm guessing having to see his grandmother like that on top of seeing that monster and getting injured was enough for him to pass out I don't blame him. If you've never seen Leon or gore before seeing both at the same time for the FIRST time is pretty bad.

I tended to his wounds and picked him up, carrying him down stairs I placed him on the couch, I didn't want him to wake up and having his grandmother's corpse upstairs, I didn't smell Leon's scent anywhere so i knew it was safe. I went back up the stairs and went back into the room where the body was, I rapped the corpse in sheets and towels and carried it downstairs and outside, I decided I was going to bury her in the garden. It was a beautiful place, and was now going to be a beautiful resting place, I dug the hole and then placed her as gently as possible inside. I buried her and said some words for her, I didn't personally know her but I did know Jamison loved her dearly and I knew she loved him just as much maybe even more.

I walked back inside the house and walked over to Jamison I sat down on the floor right beside him and played with his hair. I held onto his hand for the rest of the night not sleeping, just waiting for my baby to wake up.

Author's Note: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I'll see you next time! Xoxo