Chapter: 8

Kai's P.O.V

Okay, I expected him to freak out, but damn, I never thought it would cause him to pass out! I was lucky enough to catch him right before he hit the ground, I picked him up in my arms and carried him into the house, placing him gently on the couch I walked into the kitchen and got a cloth and wet it with cold water. I placed it on his forehead and then walked out of the house, I had to go find Leon, me and him needed to have a talk. I wasn't going to let him get away with attacking my mate and then killing his grandmother which in turn caused him even more pain.

I shifted into my wolf and head out into the woods, Leon wouldn't come back to the house and I knew that for a fact, he never came back to the places where he got his ass beat, hence why he never went back to his home. I searched the woods up and down for his scent but couldn't seem to find it. I finally found it after a few more hours of searching, I would have overlooked it if I wasn't trying to find him.

I followed the scent to a cave, I didn't sense him around but I knew he had been here, I went inside and looked around and you could tell this is where he was hiding out just by the things strewn around the cave, he had blankets, pillows and things of that nature. If it didn't have his scent I would've thought this was just a homeless person's hide out.

His smell became stronger and I knew that he was coming back, a low growl erupted throughout the cave, I turned around and was faced with the ugly creature, we circled each other in the cave, he had gone on all fours and was now starting to look more like a wolf he launched forward and attempted to get me from above. That was his first mistake, it left his throat open for me to tear out I waited until he was almost right on top of me then I sank my teeth into his neck and threw him to the other side of the cave.

He recovered quickly and got back on his feet, this time he didn't attempt to jump on me but instead he slowly prowled towards me, I moved to the side when he tried to launch himself at me again unfortunately for me I didn't move out of the way in time and he ended up sinking his teeth into my shoulder.

I recovered and circled him again, but a weird feeling overcame me, I was starting to feel tired, weak, sleepy I looked down at my shoulder, the wound wasn't that big but I smelled something different, it was making my blood smell different, it didn't click with me what it was until I looked back up and instead of seeing one Leon there was now five, he had somehow got me with poison. That's what was making me tired and making me hallucinate, I tried using my nose to try and figure out which was the real Leon, but to no avail. I kept attacking the wrong one. He then grabbed me by my throat and ripped some of my flesh away, I got away from his grip but I was slowly losing consciousness.

Black dots danced across my vision, tempting me further into sleep, all I wanted to do was close my eyes and take a nap, I was so tired. I knew he was still attacking me but I couldn't really feel the pain, I saw my blood and knew he was killing me but I didn't really feel the pain. I knew it was ending but I was so happy that I got to meet Jamison, the only thing I was sad about was that I didn't really get to be with him, but that was okay at least I was able to meet him.

To him I would probably become some lost memory, but to me he was everything that I wanted, I wish I could have spent more time with him, I already miss his smile and snarky comebacks and with that last thought I faded into the darkness.