Chapter: 9

Jamison's P.O.V

I gasped and shot straight up from the couch, a burning sensation tore through my throat, I didn't know what it was but it left me gasping for air. I finally caught my breath and looked around, where was Kai? Why wasn't he here? I got up from the couch and searched the house for him, I had just gotten up the stairs when searing pain tore through not only my throat but my shoulder as well, what the hell was going on?

I fell on the ground, I had no clue what was going on, but suddenly the pain stopped, everything stopped. The pain left my body but after a minute or two my nostrils filled with the scent of blood, don't tell me how I know but I just knew it was Kai's, something was wrong. He wouldn't have just left the house without telling me and then just left me alone on the couch for hours, I don't know why but I just knew Kai wouldn't do that to me. I knew I meant something to him and I also knew he meant a lot to me, but that wasn't the issue, my feelings right now we're not the issue. The issue right now was where the hell was Kai?

I sat down on the couch, but right when I was trying to figure out where he was my vision became blurry and black dots began to dance across my vision again. Fuck, I was going to pass out again and not be able to help or find Kai, I felt myself fall further against the couch cushions and then everything went black...for the second time.

Then everything came back to me it hit me all like a tidal wave except I wasn't on the couch anymore, this time I was in a ...cave? It was pitch black and I could barely see my hands in front of my face, I walked further into the cave trying not to trip over rocks, finally I came to a small opening in the middle of the cave it wasn't very big, but I noticed it had a sleeping bag in a corner and trash and food wrappers were strewn about everywhere. Whoever lived here didn't know how to clean from the looks of it, that or they just didn't care.

I continued to look around for a bit more until I heard noises coming from a different part of the cave, this part was a little more hidden which is why I didn't see it earlier, I slowly approached the hidden off part with caution, I finally got close enough to see where the noise was coming from and the sight was horrifying. There in the middle of the closed off section was Kai, he was in a pool of his own blood, he wasn't moving he was just laying there. Also there was the monster that had attacked me and killed my grandmother I gasped and fell backwards alerting the monster of my presence, the monsters face broke out into a malicious grin I tried to crawl away from the thing but I ended backing myself up into a corner.

I cursed myself, making the monsters grin stretch even more if that was even possible, then I heard a gurgling noise, my head snapped over to Kai, he was trying to crawl over to me and honestly it was one of the saddest sights I've ever seen, blood was pouring out of his mouth, but he still was trying to protect me. That's all he ever did it seemed, was protect me. The monster turned it's head to Kai and walked over to him, "Jamison run." Kai said, but it came out as a strangled cry more than a demand, the monster reached Kai and put his foot on top of Kai's head pushing him down into the ground.

"Aw I thought you were already dead, well it doesn't matter now you get to see your precious mate's death then you get to experience death for yourself, won't that be great?!" The monster exclaimed his voice was deep, but it sounded like nails on a chalkboard to my ears and I visibly winced. The creature stomped on Kai more making him cough up even more blood, he was still trying to get to me while I just sat there I was frozen I knew I needed to do something but my body wouldn't move.

"Please don't hurt him" Kai whimpered out.

Seeing someone who is usually so strong beg made something snap inside me, I don't really know what but it just did. My body felt like it was being controlled by something else, I was seeing red, I stood up and walked over to the monster and Kai, without wasting another second I ripped the monster off Kai easily and threw him to the other side of the cave. I think Kai tried to call for me but I was zoned out, I had no clue where all this newfound strength was coming from, but one thing was for certain I was pissed and I was thirsty for blood.