Chapter: 14

Kai's P.O.V

"Fuck, where the hell did she send us to?" I asked rhetorically, I cringed as I heard the blood curdling screams pierce the air, fog surrounded us and the only way we could see was by looking up, I didn't know which seemed scarier the fog and the screams or the dark red sky that seemed to be made of blood itself.

  Jamison had landed on top of me, and he was visibly shaking so I held him closer, the bags we had brought had landed beside us, but all I cared about was making sure Jamison was okay. I put my hands over his ears, as he clutched to me.

  "Shh, everything is alright." I said to him, leaning down and kissing his head, I let him continue to hold me as long as he wanted, I admit, I was scared, but having him in my arms gave me a reassurance that everything would be okay, we would be okay. After a few more minutes, his shaking subsided more and he looked up at me, I gave him a small smile.

  "Are you okay?" I asked quietly, he nodded and hugged me tighter, at this point we were no longer laying on the dirt, I was sitting up as he awkwardly laid in my lap. The trees seemed to loom over us, almost if judging that we were worthy to be in their presence, but I tried to not  let it bother me much, from what I could see they were a black color, the fog seemed to be getting worse, so bad I was beginning to have trouble seeing Jamison's face.

 I didn't like that so I decided to stand up, I grabbed our bags and tossed them over my shoulder, I lifted Jamison up with me and balanced him on his feet as he seemed to have trouble standing, most likely from the shock, I readjusted his red cloak, and pulled the hood over his head for him. "Kai, how do we get out of this place?" He shakily asked, I held his hand and kept him close to my side.

"I don't know, but Claire said we had to find  that guy named Luis, so maybe he's somewhere waiting for us." I answered him.

"I wish she could've made it easier and just teleported us to where he was." He said annoyed, I chuckled.

"Aw but where's the fun in that Jamison?" I said teasing him, although I did agree, sending us here with us having no clue what to do or where to go was a little frustrating but I knew she did it because most people wouldn't be able to find this exact spot.

"How are we supposed to remember to come back to this exact spot?" Jamison asked his voice still sounding a little shaky, I paused knowing he was right, in three days we would have to come back here to return to earth, I turned around to face the tree we had just stood from, I ripped off a part of my sleeve from my shirt, enough to be able to tie it around one of the branches, my shirt was a light blue, so hopefully we would be able to spot it when we came back.

I made sure it was tied tight around the tree, in a knot that wouldn't be able to come loose and would take awhile for someone to untie. "That should work, right?" I asked Jamison.

"I hope." He replied, I knew he was still scared, I wished that I could take that fear away from him, I hated anything that frightened him, I wanted to make it better for him, but didn't know how.

"It'll be okay, I promise." I said soothingly, I wanted him to be able to trust me, to believe that I would protect him no matter what, I would never let anything happen to him.

He said nothing and turned away from the tree, we began to walk away, but the fog grew even thicker around us, I couldn't tell which way was east, west, north or south anymore. We continued going a random direction, until I heard two branches snap about only ten feet away from us. I immediately stopped and pulled Jamison behind me, I let out a low ominous growl, a warning at anyone or thing not to mess with us.

"Calm down child, you are not in your realm anymore so you better be careful with who you try to pick fights with." A deep voice said coming from the opposite side of where I had turned to face the noise, I whipped my head towards the voice so fast I probably gave myself whiplash.