Chapter: 17

Jamison's P.O.V

Charles helped me get Kai comfortable on the bed, "Charles, would you mind going to get some bandages." I asked him my eyes still locked into Kai's, he nodded and left silently.

"I feel like I always get you hurt." I said sadly, grasping his hand, I was tired of Kai getting hurt because of me and the situations that I always put us in. It broke my heart knowing he was hurt because of me, and there was nothing I wanted to do more but make all of his pain go away.

"It's not your fault Jamison, I would get hurt a thousand times more if it meant I helped you." He said quietly with a small smile on his face. I knew he was in pain but in that moment all I wanted to do was tackle him, he was too cute sometimes, I felt like I wanted to protect him at all costs.

"But you can't keep getting hurt because of me, sometimes you just gotta let me handle it Kai." I said while reaching out to play with his hair. I know that he always wants to protect me but sometimes he just needs to let me deal with it, even if I get hurt I'd rather me be hurt than him.

I could tell by the immediate scowl on his face that Kai did not agree, but I just kept playing with his hair, how was I supposed to think it wasn't my fault, when it so clearly was? Charles came back quickly with the bandages I needed and I helped Kai sit up slowly, tending to the injury, it hadn't pierced any vital organs or arteries but it was deep enough to make a part of my soul cringe.

I knew that werewolves healed a little bit faster then normal humans, but I could tell it was at least going to take a full day for the wound to heal. He hissed when I put some of the disinfectant Charles had brought me on the wound but I didn't care, it needed to be cleaned. I had to wrap his entire chest in bandages because the wound was in such an awkward place, I almost used the entire roll Charles brought me. The bleeding had slowed down tremendously and I was very grateful for it.

Charles had left once he had brought the disinfectant and bandages, soon after I was completely done wrapping the wound Lukas spoke up. "If you didn't have those eyes, I would've never believed you were my son." He said I furrowed my brows and looked at him.

"If I didn't think I was your son I wouldn't be here, who in their right mind decides they want to just take a trip to hell with their soul mate if they're not on a mission to find something or achieve something." I said almost snapping at him in a way, I was still mad he had attacked Kai, I knew we had entered his property without his permission but that didn't help anything when I looked at my injured boyfriend.

"I'm sorry for attacking you, but you came onto my property without even trying to get in contact with me, and then when I learn of your presence, it's by you two hiding in my closet, how was I not supposed to think it was some sort of attack." He spoke looking dead at me, I understood his reasoning for attacking us first, but I was still mad Kai was in so much pain now. I knew he was doing his best not to show it but I could weirdly feel his pain almost.

"I know, but we came out of that closet with no harmful intentions until you attacked us first, you didn't even give us a chance to explain who we were and why we were here." I replied, keeping my eye contact with him, he had a less serious look on his face but still looked tense almost.

"Then that means, your mother is Shelia, my soul mate." He said his eyes now fixed on the floor, I felt bad for the guy, he had no idea that his real soul mate was his old best friend and that he had even had a son, the woman who he thought really was the love of his life was dead and his own family had been the ones to kill her. The man had most definitely been through pain, and a part of me wanted to help him so badly but I was only willing to help if he let me.

"Shelia is his mom but she's not your soul mate." Kai said without any hesitation, my eyes shot back to him and I mouthed 'not the right time' at him, but I knew he didn't care and wanted to help Luis just like I did, because Luis was honestly suffering just as much as Lukas, if not more.