12. The Best Part

...

Stop moving. No, you have to move. You have to move or else you'll die. But you can't, you can't even breathe or think. Why are you not listening to me, Y/n? Do you know who did it? It was the man in the mask, the same man who killed Casey and Steve and the same man who sent you those letters and the same man who called you twice. Don't worry...you'll die if you try.

"No, I won't.."
"Yes, you will...
"No, I won't!
"Yes, you will!"
"NO, I FUCKING WON'T!"
"YES, YOU FUCKING WILL, JUST FACE IT ALREADY! YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING! NOT EVEN YOUR FRIENDS OR YOUR BOYFRIEND! YOU'RE WEAK! YOU'LL DIE IF YOU TRY!"

"HELLO?! CAN YOU HEAR ME?! HA! YOU COULDN'T EVEN FIGHT!"

All you could hear was people laughing in your head and the screams from Casey, even though you weren't there, along with..Sidney screaming? What's going on? Why isn't your body functioning? Wake up, Y/n. Wake up! WAKE THE FUCK UP! WHY AREN'T YOU WAKING UP?! STOP WORRYING ABOUT WHO DID IT, WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF AND WAKE UP BEFORE TIME RUNS OUT!

...

The heart monitor was slowly beeping and you were out. Your eyes slowly opened and once they were fully opened, your eyes started to shift everywhere. It was only you in the room, your arm was in a cast and there were already signatures on it from Dewey and like, two nurses, your other arm was bruised, your nose was a bandage wrap on your nose, the back of your foot also had a wrap around it since he accidentally stepped on the back of it causing a cut, your whole torso was in a brace, and your back was layed down on a soft surface that was flat.

You tried to sit up but then you grunted in pain and started crying when you felt your back and stomach pain react again. You heard the door open and your eyes widened as you felt PTSD run through your mine from when the killer barged through your bedroom door. It was just Dewey. His eyes widened when he saw that you were awake and he smiled and ran beside your bed. "Hey, Y/n, you feelin alright?" You didn't even answer that question as your eyes were looking down. "What happened..?" He made a worried face.

"You were nearly deflated last night.." he replied. A nurse then came in. "Hey, hun, good morning" she smiled. She sat on your bed next to your legs and she had a mirror and medicine with water. "You feeling okay this morning?" She asked. You just shrugged. She nodded, "if it's alright, I'm going to explain her injuries" the nurse said to Dewey. He nodded and she pulled out a picture of an x-ray of your body.

"Your right arm is completely damaged and would take possibly a whole entire 10 months to get back in place, your nose isn't broken, it's just sprained and will be repaired in a week, your back was crushed pretty bad but don't worry, it's not broken, it's also just sprained, and your stomach is bruised also pretty bad" she then out the photo down and looked at you with a smile. "But besides that, you're a really tough person" you just looked at her. "Now...let's talk about your breathing" you and Dewey looked at eachother scaredly.

"Your diaphragm was damaged last night and we had to push it back in place, which could've possibly killed you, but you're a real tough one. It seems like when your back was crushed, your body got shooked up and it crowded around your diaphragm and pushed it away from your lungs" she said. She took a deep breath before looking at you with another smile. "We're all proud of you. That must've been a real tough night for you and you were amazingly strong throughout" she said.

You nodded a little. She then handed you two pills and the cup of water. "These pills are so that way when you try getting up later, your back and stomach don't hurt" you placed the pills in your mouth and drank the water before she took it and smiled at you before walking out the room. Dewey also smiled. "Did you find out who did it?" You asked him. He shook his head, "no, but we're trying really hard to get ahold of everyone in your school to ask them questions. Sidney was also attacked last night" he said.