10

1 Week Later Wednesday- 12:43 P.m

Omniscient

Lani had just got off the phone with Kovu and she was mad. Kovu had found out some information that led back to those picture that were taken of 'Canajia and Kaoni'. Shit was finna get really messy and bloody, No time for games. Najia was currently staying over at Carmyn's (They both didn't go to school.) and Kay was at Grandma Sonnya house. Now here's whats really pissing off Lani, after that ass whooping Mavarey and her boyfriend received from Lani shit been going down. Making Lani lay low, so Najia wasn't allowed anywhere out the gates nor Kay, Granny Sonnya, Exceptional. Also, Lani and Valentina have met so they had also been in contact with each other, getting closer, as friends. She also was in contact with that Officer, Alcances. Aka Ariannea. Kay has had one play date with Tina's daughter, and it was fun for them. They be facetiming each other every now and then.

Mavarey got caught trying to do some sneaky shit and winded up getting popped in ha shit. See it's a whole buncha bullshit going on with the families. And, yes, I'm talking the 'Cortez' Family too. Somebody in their operation is being a fed. They still ain laying low; They are taking down other Gangs down by the hour! Shit not looking to good around the city.

While on the other hand Daytlin birthday is tomorrow. (No traumatizing shit gone happen at his lil party!)

*Ring ring* ~You have an Incoming phone call from 'Najia pooh🌹~

Najia pooh🌹- hello.

Tete 🥰-wassup

Najia pooh🌹- Carmyn parents were wondering if You'd like to come over for dinner tonight for a proper introduction? also I'm coming home tn.

Tete 🥰- Sure what time and do I need to bring anything? and igh

Najia pooh🌹- 7:00 and just bring yourself tete.

Tete 🥰- Okay baby see you.

Lani sat her phone down on the counter and went to the bathroom. She did her routine then got dressed to go to her second job. She had applied for a CNA job last week and they told her to come in. Gathering her workbag, she snapped a pic and headed outside.

 Gathering her workbag, she snapped a pic and headed outside

Lani got in the car and turned on the ignition. She reversed out her driveway then started off to her destination. Due to everything that has been happening Lani bought herself a new car and a new phone. Doing the same for Najia. She made sure to get the new apple watches activated. She got Kaykay a new iPad to use. Lani turned onto the smooth rode and drove til she seen a big building. In the front, the grass was neatly trimmed, not an ounce of dirt. The building was gargantuan, glassy, the sides were curvy. The building overall looks neat and well put together. It wasn't hard to find a parking spot. "Turn off ignition" Hearing the demand, the car went to rest. Lani gathered her things and exited the car. Without even having to lock the car did it on its own.

I soothed over my work fit and walked to the building. I grabbed the handle to open the door, but before I could, another hand got to it. I looked over to the side and gave a small smile, "Thank you, Sir." He nodded then swiftly gestured his hand forward. I walked inside the building and to the front desk, which was thankfully located right at the entrance. The lady at the front desk gave me an odd look before asking who I was. "Laline, I'm here for my interview." She typed before speaking, "Oh. 12th floor 4th door on the left." I nodded. "Thank you." I followed her directions, and it led me to two big bold doors. I knocked hard enough. "Come in." A loud voice echoed through the doors. I walked in and to my surprise I see Kovu sittin' his ass right behind the desk. "Sup shawty. AYE PASS HER A DRINK." He festered. "Well, well, well." I said shaking my head. "Yeah. come here." He patted to his lap, and I walked over to sit in it.

"And when were you gone tell me about this job interview?" Kovu asked Lani. She shrugged. She just wanted to make sure she actually had the job before getting excited.