Chapter 4

At 5am on the dot, two alarms went off. Tracey's work alarm and Reece's. Tracey woke up with a startle and as soon as she figured out that it was her alarm, she let out a sigh. Going to work was the last thing she felt like, as she was silly enough to have a bit of a late-night watching movies and drinking beer with Reece. She wasn't hungover, but she sure was tired and her sleep had been a little restless; to which she blamed the excitement of having another person in her house. One that just happened to be the very handsome biker.

Reece on the other hand was awake well before any alarm went off. He had a shocking sleep and tossed and turned for most of the night. He knew why, it was because he was in a foreign bed, in Tracey's house. To him, she was so close, yet so far away. For the entire night, all he could think about was sneaking into her bedroom and snuggling up against her in bed. But he didn't want to awaken her, and he didn't want her getting uncomfortable with him. Reece also knew his alarm was way too late for him to get to work on time and it didn't occur to him until half an hour ago, by then he knew there was no time, and he did not intend on going to work anyway. That meant he had to call in, which was annoying.

Reece dragging himself out of bed, walked over to his phone that was connected to the charger Tracey had loaned him, tugged the charger out of the wall and phone before he dismissed his alarm. It was two minutes pass five and Reece listened in to hear if Tracey had gotten up or not. By the sounds of it, she hadn't; only to switch off her own alarm. With his phone in hand, Reece slowly walks out of the bedroom and follows the glimmer of a phone screen, to the doorway of Tracey's bedroom. Seeing her laying under the covers in her bed, he noticed that she was scrolling through her phone. Under the bright light of her phone, he could see the bags under her eyes. She looked just as tired as he felt. "Morning." Reece softly speaks, having to clear his voice with a cough as it felt like he had a frog in the back of his throat.

Tracey peers away from the screen of her phone to the doorway. The light of her phone had made it difficult to see, but she figured that was where Reece would be standing. "Morning, how did you sleep?" She asked Reece.

Reece sighed. "Not great, think I tossed and turned for most of the night." Reece answered honestly, deciding he would walk into her room and sit down on the edge of her bed.

"Yeah, my sleep was shithouse too." Tracey agrees. "I have decided I'm not going to work; I can't be bothered dealing with people today."

"Same." Reece couldn't help himself, he turned his body and flopped back on her bed; so that he was laying down beside her. "When I call in, I'm blaming you." He tiredly chuckles.

"Are you now?" Tracey let out half a giggle. "Whatcha gonna say?"

Reece thinks for a few moments as he shuts his eyes. He could practically fall right to sleep, which was unusual compared to only minutes ago in the spare bedroom. "I'll tell them that this bloody Territorian girl kept me up all night because all I wanted to do was cuddle."

Tracey was astonished. She did not know whether it was over Reece telling her what he would say to his boss, or over what he had said. "Like you'd say that." She snorts.

"Yeah nah, don't think they would approve of that. But hey, I'm an outlaw... I don't follow the rules anyway." Reece smirks. That was half true and half a lie. Reece did, within reason.

"Righto outlaw. You can't be too much of a big bad biker if you lost sleep just because you couldn't be in bed with someone." Tracey shot back in amusement.

Reece opens his eyes, rolls onto his side so that he could face Tracey and chuckles. "Hey, I am a very affectionate man." He retorted.

"You are so full of it." Tracey let out a laugh. Affectionate? She thought. Reece hadn't tried to make a move on her, so if he was THAT affectionate, he would have by now. Any other guy would.